AWS Infrastructure Engineer
Where are you going?
Are you looking to grow in your career? Do you approach new challenges with excitement? The Shelby Group’s culture is an environment where your passion for professional growth and development are valued. You’ll have the opportunity to stand out; as we provide the visibility and recognition at the individual, team and company level. You’ll have the opportunity to leverage your ability to build strong relationships with employees and clients at all levels.
What you will do:
Your primary function is applying your skills to optimize our current use of AWS Infrastructure and help develop upgrades related to our Products/Services Offerings hosted on AWS. The secondary function is to assist with onsite infrastructure that consists of Centos and Windows servers hosted on VMware.
- Setup and maintain AWS instances and monitor with CloudWatch.
- Build and test new AMI and AWS infrastructure, under the direction of the Tech Team.
- Automate backup strategies in AWS.
- Work with software engineers to understand application architecture.
- Monitor and setup the onsite server and network infrastructure.
- Assists with IT service tickets and pre-sale questionnaires.
- Participating in client calls.
- Serve as an escalation path for the IT departments’ troubleshooting and/or inquiries.
- On call 24-7 to provide support for, but not limited to, infrastructure maintenance and emergency security patches.
- Supporting special projects related to IT infrastructure.
- Learn and research new technologies.
- Travel to client sites and between Shelby offices in Schaumburg and Chicago.
- 5+ years of IT experience preferably in a 24-7 cloud or hybrid cloud environment.
- 3+ years of experience operating and managing AWS infrastructure.
- 3+ years of experience with Linux Admiration.
- Experience in creation and maintenance of AWS IAM user, Multifactor security, and network/firewall configuration.
- Experience managing enterprise scale solutions that leverage the following AWS Services: EC2, S3, RDS, CloudFront, CloudWatch, IAM, Route53, etc.
- Experience scripting in AWS CLI, and Bash.
- Experience implementing and managing networking and application performance monitoring tool suites (SolarWinds, Nagios etc.).
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Experience troubleshooting complex problems.
- Experience with MySQL and MSSQL administration.
- Knowledge of VMware, Windows Server, and Network security.
- Experience with system hardening.
- Having a technical certification in related field.
Who we are:
The Shelby Group is the global leader in platform-enabled procurement optimization. Our success can be attributed to our people. We hire creative, agile, and driven professionals who are always adapting, learning, and developing. Our company has a staff of 115+ diverse and talented employees who embody our work hard play hard culture. They create an environment where you can be yourself, are allowed to take risks and make mistakes, and have the opportunity for self-directed growth and learning. We are looking for candidates who are excited to nurture this environment and add to our unique culture.
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Package
- Disability and Life Insurance Package
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Career Advancement Opportunities