Azure Architect at Wipfli
At Wipfli, people count
Our people are core to everything we do — the catalyst behind our ability to create exceptional impact and extraordinary results.
We believe in flexibility. We focus on relationships. We encourage each individual to follow their own path. And we seek feedback openly, from all.
People matter here and they feel it.
And we value curiosity. Curious is more than a personality trait. It’s a way of thinking. Of learning. Of working.
There’s purpose in this wonder. It makes us better. It makes us Wipfli.
If you want to be in an environment where you can make a difference — and make a professional home — Wipfli is the place for you.
Check out our Glassdoor Reviews to hear what people are saying about employment at Wipfli!
This position is in Wipfli’s Managed IT Services practice. The position will be responsible for the delivery of Azure related projects and also act as the primary R&D engineer for Azure IaaS and on a smaller scale PaaS. The architect primarily:
- Participates in pre-sales technical support by helping scope work and provide estimates on projects related to the Azure stack
- Assists the team with management and troubleshooting of IaaS workloads including networking, virtual machines, ExpressRoute, subscription peering and other Azure stack components
- Provides expert level R&D around the following Azure components:
- Azure Sentinel
- Azure Log Analytics
- Azure Monitor
- Azure Lighthouse
- Azure Site Recovery and Backup
- Azure Resource Manager
- Azure Windows Virtual Desktop
- Azure ExpressRoute and virtual networking
- Azure Active Directory and Identity Management
- RBAC (Role Based Access Controls)
- Provides subject matter expertise to the Wipfli Support Desk
- Collaborates with leadership to establish strategy for new service offerings involving Azure components
- Assists the Wipfli Support Desk with management of Azure subscriptions, resource groups, analyze resource utilization and consumption and manage role-based access
- Develops cloud implementation standards and assists with team standardization compliance around cloud resources, release pipelines, security, networking, monitoring, and production readiness for projects involving Azure workloads
- Ensure high levels of client satisification and performance according to project delivery SLA
- Provide technology mentoring to junior associates
- Assist performance coaches with associate career and development
- Identify and capture opportunities for improvement in service and delivery processes aroung the Azure stack
- Assist with development of Knowledge Articles in case management system
- Remote position
- Obtained or are working towards obtaining the Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert role
- 10+ years of experience working in information technology and the past 3+ years specifically around thef following deployment tools: Azure Devops, PowerShell (Core and Standard), Azure Bicep, and ARm Templates
- Experience with Agile methodologies and specifically Microsoft DevOps
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and a results-driven approach
- Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment
- Experience with meeting CMMC compliance is a plus
- Experience with the following is also a plus: Microsoft Graph API, Azure Storage Accounts, Logic Apps, Azure Automation Accounts (Runbooks & Azure Functions), Azure Log Analytics and associated KQL, DevOps Build and Release Pipelines, Azure KeyVault, and Github
Wipfli is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.