Azure DevOps Engineer (US Remote) at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewWatchGuard Video, A Motorola Solutions Company, is the leading provider of digital in-car video recording systems and video evidence management software for law enforcement. We are a thriving and growing company looking for a great Software Developer. This is a full role for a Software Developer to grow and thrive. We are looking not only for a talented Software Developer, we are looking for someone who will contribute to our overall culture.
- Influence and create new designs, software, architecture, and methods for deploying large-scale distributed systems in the most secure fashion
- Maintain existing code/configuration deployment system and own strategy going forward
- Collaborate with the engineering team on projects as the expert on reliability, performance, and efficiency
- Build resilient services which utilize telemetry and metrics to drive operational excellence
- Develop highly repeatable processes and have a mindset to automate everything from deploying software to mitigating system failures
- Manage auto-scaling of infrastructure and instance to right-size workload and performance
- Drive improvements to the product build and testing solutions
- Take part in a 24x7 on-call rotation
- Submit and implement change requests and create "blameless" root cause analysis on infrastructure issues, in a fast-paced environment
- Document current and future configuration processes and policies
- Develop Logging and Analytics strategy
- Implement instrumentation to monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve issues related workloads
- Build systems and tooling experience, including testing and analysis
- Runbook / workflow / event-based automation
- Exceptional experience in Site Reliability (https://landing.google.com/sre/)
- Enterprise level experience with Azure DevOps and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Powershell, Azure Cli and ADO templates
- Enterprise level experience in deploying, provisioning and utilizing Docker, Azure App Services, AKS, ACR, Azure Storage, ARM templates
- Experience in managing, securing, Azure subscription using industry standard security models
- Experience with Git and different different merge flow strategies
- Strong ability to inspire engineering and support teams to up their reliability game
- Experience with LaunchDarkly, PagerDuty, or Status.io
- Application platform experience deployed using (.Net Core, Azure SQL Databases)
- Exceptional experience troubleshooting enterprise scale platforms; building such platforms a plus
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools and platforms
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Exceptional track record of solving complex problems with technology (automation, ML, etc.)
- Exceptionally forward thinking and innovative - stay on top of the latest trends, technologies, etc.
- Experience working in a fast paced Agile/Scrum environment
- Strong hands-on experience with PowerShell (Modules, DSC, etc.)
- Exceptional Azure experience using Azure Gov and public clouds
- Configuration management tools (PowerShell DSC, ARM Templates, SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Octopus Deploy experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or relevant engineering discipline or 5+ years of DevOps.
- 3+ years Cloud and/or DevOps experience
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.