This is an exciting opportunity to join an agile team, working on some of the hottest Azure technologies. Focusing on Azure, this team is primarily responsible for the managed service, ensuring our clients get the very best from Ensono, their relentless ally. You will be constantly looking at how we can improve the service we offer to our customers via continuous service improvement and working to understand our customer’s needs, taking ownership of any implementations and improvements. Within the team you will be able to drive decision-making and help shape and improve how the team works. Being a trusted Microsoft Partner, Microsoft cloud technologies are at the heart of what we do. Learning, collaborating, training and certification are strongly encouraged, and opportunities do so will be provided. We are now looking to expand this team to further expand our capabilities in Azure & DevOps and be the very best department within Ensono. The successful candidate will be someone who can demonstrate a genuine desire and passion for the technology and tools involved. Someone who is curious and keen to learn about innovative technologies and suggest how we can improve the service the team provides to our clients as well as to our internal stakeholders.
Note: Unable to sponsor or transfer visa for this role at this time.
- Through the prescribed framework to ensure the successful development, testing and deployment of workstreams and automated processes which will drive service improvements across the Azure Business unit
- The monitoring, management, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of new and existing tools and products, leading to recommendations to both the customer and to Ensono stakeholders on how to resolve and remediate the issue.
- Performing system changes, including upgrades, on both internal and customer-facing systems at an agreed Request for Change window.
- Establishing good working relationships with customers and other professionals within Ensono
- Acting as an internal escalation point for any support requests which require further analysis and/or project management focus
- The development of documentation, to ensure a consistent and robust level of support through the support structure.
- Solve technical problems, provide guidance to various teams (internal & external), and continually improve our systems, deployments, operations, monitoring and overall cloud activities and costs.
- The responsibility for ensuring Service Level Agreements are in place with customers and additional team metrics are met.
- You can translate complex customer requirements into technical tasks and execute them
- Involved in all levels of technical discussions, from architecture to hands on coding.
- As key part of the team you will be delivering complex projects from inception to delivery. You will have experience working with consultants to deliver automated, secure, and robust cloud infrastructure solutions.
- Work closely with team members to identify and automate manual and repetitive processes ensuring efficiency, quality, and scalability
- Help develop robust organizational practices around monitoring, alerting, testing, deployment, and incident response
Skills and Experience
Candidate must have:
- Min 4 years’ experience working with Azure
- 3 + years system administration and or Support Experience
- Strong understanding of cloud computing and hands-on experience of migrating workloads to Azure.
- Good knowledge of managing Windows and Linux servers.
- Hands on experience with Kubernetes, automating its deployment and configuration (manifests/helm/Docker/etc)
- Good scripting skills in PowerShell for Azure.
- Ability to create complex automation scripts
- Understand and manipulate existing complex scripts
- Strong capability working with and troubleshooting Infra as Code (YAML, JSON, Terraform, Ansible, Bicep…. etc.). With previous experience of deploying and managing resources using Infra as Code.
- Must have experience building cloud automation, including CD/CI pipelines using PowerShell, ARM, Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker, GitOps, AzureDevOps
- Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights, and is part of the technical community
- Develop and promote the reuse of patterns and standards to improve the service we deliver to out customers.
- Good working knowledge of Azure Policy and understands cloud governance.
- Can proactively evaluate customer platforms to review cost, capacity, and security Azure best practices. So, we can constantly improve the service offered to our customers.
- You are a proactive, collaborative team player, keen to share knowledge, automate and improve processes wherever possible
- Understanding of Agile Scrum methodology
- Having a good understanding of Azure Networking as well as third party firewalls like Palo Alto, would be beneficial.
- Required Experience of working with Virtual Machines, Azure Site Recovery, Azure Functions, Azure Automation , App Service, Scale Sets, Azure Devops, Azure Active Directory, Azure Policy, Azure Monitor, Azure Backup, Azure storage, Application Gateway, Azure DNS, ExpressRoute, Load Balancer.
- Desirable experience of Machine Learning, Logic Apps, API Management, Service Bus, Event Grid, Data Factory, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Analysis Services, Event Hubs, Azure SQL.
Years of Experience Desired/Required
- Min 4 years Azure work experience
- 3 + years system administration and or Support Experience
Education and Certifications Desired/Required
Typically requires a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2-5 years of related experience, or an advanced degree without experience, or equivalent work experience
- AZ-104 - Microsoft Azure Administrator
- AZ-500 - Microsoft Azure Security Technologies
- AZ-400 - DevOps Engineer Expert
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
- HashiCorp Certified: Terraform Associate