Farmer’s Fridge started with an idea in Chicago: make fresh, healthy food as accessible as a candy bar. Our handcrafted meals are delivered daily to over 200 software-enabled smart fridges and can be conveniently purchased at the fridge or using our mobile apps. We are based in the Fulton Market neighborhood and supported by $45 million in venture capital from prominent local and national firms, including leading technology investor Innovation Endeavors. We are building a world class team to drive fast growth and bring our wholesome, delicious foods to new markets and cities.
About this job:
Your team is responsible for the systems that power our digital ecosystem. Our goal is to provide a unique, dynamic, and personalized experience for each customer no matter their choice platform.
- Work cross-functionally with the Product, Design and Marketing teams to identify issues and potential improvements to operational workflows
- Increase automation and anomaly detection throughout our platform
- Develop and extend our API that is used across all of our platforms
- Deliver quality software using agile and iterative development
- Help teammates by performing code reviews
Necessary knowledge, skills and experience:
- At least 3 years of software engineering experience because it’s important to hit the ground running and have the ability to work autonomously with little supervision
- Experience designing, building and supporting greenfield projects preferred
- Experience designing and implementing solutions on a public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with at least one of the following languages: Go, Python, or Java
- Experience collaborating with business leaders and engineers to understand and define projects
- Problem-Solver. You enjoy tackling obstacles. You have the ability to understand issues from multiple angles and uncover the best path forward.
- Communication. You can convey ideas clearly and effectively; however, your secret power is listening and understanding.
- Passion. You truly believe in the Farmer’s Fridge mission to make healthy food accessible to all and understand that your position is crucial to getting results.
- Improvement-Oriented. Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and an eye for optimization.
- Traditional Benefits. Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- 10 paid floating holidays
- Generous paid time off policy
- Daily Fridge Credits. You can enjoy these flat rate credits at any Fridge
- Monthly cell phone credit
- Professional development opportunities
- Clarity Breaks. We encourage you to step away from your routine to reflect on your work strategy and top priorities
- Volunteer Opportunities. We love to engage with our community and participate in events that are aligned with our mission
- Sports Leagues. Fueling teamwork and collaboration with a healthy dose of fun competition
- Regular team celebrations for company milestones and other special events
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: