Back-End Engineer at Farmer's Fridge
Farmer’s Fridge is on a mission to make it simple for everyone to eat well. We serve healthy, handcrafted meals and snacks from our growing network of 400+ software-enabled vending machines that we refer to as smart Fridges. We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge at a time.
We are a team that cares -– about the business, the impact our product makes, and each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. We are looking for people who want to collaborate in an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture and have a passion to succeed.
The Back-End Engineer will...
be responsible for the systems that power our digital ecosystem. Our goal is to provide a unique, dynamic, and personalized experience for each customer no matter their choice platform.
- Work cross-functionally with the Product, Design and Marketing teams to identify issues and potential improvements to operational workflows
- Increase automation and anomaly detection throughout our platform
- Develop and extend our API that is used across all of our platforms
- Deliver quality software using agile and iterative development
- Help teammates by performing code reviews
What are we looking for in a Back-End Engineer?
- At least 3 years of software engineering experience because it’s important to hit the ground running and have the ability to work autonomously with little supervision
- Experience designing, building and supporting greenfield projects preferred
- Experience designing and implementing solutions on a public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with at least one of the following languages: Go, Python, or Java
- Experience collaborating with business leaders and engineers to understand and define project
- Problem-Solver - You enjoy tackling obstacles. You have the ability to understand issues from multiple angles and uncover the best path forward
- Communication - You can convey ideas clearly and effectively; however, your secret power is listening and understanding
- Improvement-Oriented - Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and an eye for optimization.
Benefits at Farmer's Fridge:
In This Together - Our HQ employees are currently working from home, but we stay connected virtually with weekly town hall meetings, social hours, and remote game nights. Our bonus roles as taste testers are also still intact! You can sample what new items we’re cooking up in our test kitchen with our menu team’s no-contact "employee drive-thru".
Happier Weekdays - Each day at work should fill you with joy, not dread. We're a fun and passionate group, and we don't take ourselves too seriously. Bring your unique self to work, dress comfortably, and always feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. We encourage curiosity and inquiry; there's no hierarchy here when we're all swapping ideas.
Innovate & Elevate - We're all teachers and learners. You'll grow, and help grow the company through cross-functional collaboration, open access to leadership, and regular business updates. You have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line. You can also impact your personal bottom line by participating in our 401(k) plan that includes a company match with immediate vesting.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures