Back End Software Engineer
Our mission is to create the most personalized and authentic fan experiences in the world. We're a marketplace where fans can book personalized video shoutouts from their favorite people. We've helped create over 300,000 moments for our customers and built a marketplace for over 20,000 talent to connect with their biggest fans. We’re breaking down the exclusivity myth of celebrity by building personal relationships between fans and talent.
Cameo is one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For and also recognized on TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies list. We are a global company, headquartered in Chicago, IL in the Fulton Market neighborhood and HQ2 in Venice, CA.
We recently closed our Series B round led by Kleiner Perkins who has backed other tech giants including Google, Spotify, and Amazon. Join our team and be able to experience a rocketship from its early days. We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and help shape the direction of the next great tech company.
About the role:
You will be helping us improve & scale the platform that connects fans and talent to create the perfect video shoutout. You will also be helping with our website and mobile app as well!
As a backend software engineer, you will be working on backend (node.js) and database (mongoDB) development primarily. Although, if interested you can also impact our frontend (React/Redux site, React-Native app). You will collaborate with our sales and data teams to make the talent experience fun and engaging, and help us deliver that perfect Cameo.
The perfect candidate has experience building data APIs for consumption by both internal and external users/customers. This person will have experience building distributed systems in a service oriented architecture. You will play an essential role in building an exciting new set of tools and services to support Cameo and our continued growth.
Engineering Culture and Values:
Check out our Key Values
A few things about yourself:
- You take pride in your work
- You have a strong product sense
- You’re excited by logic and algorithmic challenges
- You care about surfacing relevant information to a user and using data to help guide those design choices
- You enjoy working with fun people
- You are a doer who is comfortable with ambiguity
Things we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- JS Testing (Jest, Enzyme, Appium, etc)
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (Mongo)
- Experience designing and developing REST APIs
- Strong knowledge of design patterns (MVC, DCI, Service Layers, etc.)
- Testing is part of your everyday workflow
- Development experience in a cloud environment/stack, AWS preferred
- The secrets of webpack ;)
- Experience scaling a website and/or a mobile app to millions of users
- Related industry experience, particularly social media and/or video tech
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.