Backend Engineer Generalist
InfoScout is looking for a self-starting engineer with a deep desire to learn and develop our receipt transcription and consumer application technology stacks. InfoScout currently receives over 300k receipt images per day from our top rated mobile apps, running them through a process that includes computer vision, OCR, machine learning, crowd sourcing, big data ETL, and finally down into our data warehouse. This is an opportunity to jump in and get exposed to all of those technologies while making a meaningful impact on our technology and company.
To help accomplish this goal, you will have the environment to execute on your vision, the tools you need to rapidly iterate through your ideas and a dedicated team to help make you and your work better. In addition to writing quality software, we're looking for individuals who also enjoy the other aspects of building a new company: designing features, making good product decisions, programming at all levels of the stack, and the wearing of many hats.
- High proficiency in python
- High proficiency writing SQL and working with relational databases (MySQL)
- Experience working with modern web frameworks (Django, Tornado)
- Familiarity with message oriented architectures (Celery, RabbitMQ)
- Familiarity with Memcached, Vertica, OpenCV
- Deployed environments in Amazon Web Services (Terraform, Jenkins, ect)