Foxtrot is the next generation corner store – we curate your city’s best craft beer, wine, spirits, fresh eats, gifts and everyday essentials – and deliver it all to your door in 60 minutes via our neighborhood shops.
With a swift mobile app and web store paired with beautifully designed retail shops, we are building an exciting brand that is both digitally native and rooted in a highly engaging retail experience.
Since launching in 2013, we now operate five retail stores in Chicago along with a booming online business, and are setting the stage for a major expansion in 2019.
About the Role
Foxtrot is seeking an experienced backend engineer to join our growing technology team and help propel the company into the next stage of growth and beyond. You’ll be working directly with the CTO on a variety of projects to support both the consumer-facing apps as well as infrastructure to support the operational aspects of the business.
- Working with the engineering team to support our existing backend infrastructure as well as develop new and exciting features from the ground up
- Collaborating with our operations team to build internal applications to improve efficiencies in order management, inventory management, and delivery logistics
- Building tools to help bridge the offline / online nature of Foxtrot’s business
- Keeping up to date with the latest tools and technology to help our team
- BS, MS in Computer Science or related engineering field
- 3+ Years of software development experience, including Python and Django
- Experience with at least one SQL-based database engine
A plus if you have experience with:
- Building applications for iOS or Android
- PHP 7.x
Competitive salary, benefits, new laptop / monitor setup of your choice + $100 monthly Foxtrot credit