BPM/ODM Developer III at Walgreens
Leads in activities for writing code and scripts that provide desired functionality to the system solutions, products and programs. Developing software applications solutions for all or part of an assigned project. Develops, codes, tests, debugs, and documents applications systems to achieve the objectives of the client group relative to identified system needs. These systems may be new, replacement of existing systems, or significant modifications of existing software modules.
Implements activities that generally impact multiple components / processes and the work more than one team. Typically assigned to strategic/complex undertakings that require advanced in-depth knowledge of programming languages important to the organization and regularly require the application of independent judgment and creativity. Receives work in short– and mid- term outcomes that impact the work of the assigned team.
- This position works on complex projects and leverages its knowledge of applications development methodologies, hardware characteristics, and other technologies to produce comprehensive solutions, within the agreed quality, service commitment levels, schedules and budgets. This position may provide coaching to less experienced developer or review some aspects of their technical output
- Leads the daily work of the project team responsible for writing code and scripts for desired functionality of web-based software, products and programs
- Materially updates and develops new front-end applications and tools.
- Performs as subject matter advisor to functional area and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature.
- May develop the technical “vision” and design specifications of assigned projects and may lead in implementation.
- Writes code and scripts that provide desired functionality to the web-based software, typically for sites, products and programs that have little or no precedent.
- Ensures that software and program defects in assigned projects or programs are tracked and summarizes and presents findings to management.
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- Participates in the development of technical/business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Provides subject matter expertise to less experienced team members. May allocate and tracks the work of individual contributors. Participates in teaching and training members of work team.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team.
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of Application Development experience working on complex projects OR High school / GED and at least 8 years of application development experience
- At least 3 years of experience developing and writing requirement specifications.
- At least 2 years of experience with software programming languages, coding standards.
- Experience working with standard test tools and the testing processes.
- Knowledge of technical design process and models.
- Experience with SDLC / SW development processed, such as RUP, Agile, and/or Waterfall
- Experience using analytical skills, tools and techniques to investigate information and to draw conclusions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience mentoring less experienced team members.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's degree in IT, IS, Mathematics or related field.
- Demonstrated expertise writing professional, quality, secure, performance capable code.
- Experience with software development practices.