IMC – Where Technology drives Trading
Trading nowadays happens in a highly competitive technological landscape; the best trading idea alone doesn’t cut it anymore. Instead, only the best trading ideas that are enabled via robust, scalable and fast technology win.
Do you enjoy the process of problem solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
BUILD ENGINEERING AT IMC
- Our trading system encompasses more technology stacks than ever before as we continue to deliver low-latency solutions for our trading strategies. At the same time, our development organization is growing steadily in order to tackle new challenges. Both of these mean that the simplicity and speed of our build environment is more valuable and more challenging than ever.
- As a build engineer at IMC, you will continually identify and implement improvements to the software delivery process, from targeted, iterative refinements to sweeping architectural redesigns. We're looking for someone who will leverage their previous experience in this space to make a mark.
- Improve the daily workflow of engineers by optimizing compile times, improving code quality systems, and simplifying workflows
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges presented by building and optimizing a monorepo codebase
- Design and build automated development, build, test, release and monitoring infrastructure
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, development productivity, and maintainability
- Collaborate with engineering teams to influence design for engineering excellence
WHO YOU ARE:
- Previous experience owning and managing multi-language monorepo software build systems. (For example, Bazel)
- Previous experience with Java, Python, and/or C++
- You know stable, dependable build environments and rapid feedback cycles are vital for developer productivity. You are motivated by improving the flow of high-quality code into production.
- You take a holistic view, identifying areas for improvement and consolidation across the whole development ecosystem to ensure a seamless continuous delivery stream
- You know that realizing productivity gains depends on adoption by users and can effectively evangelize and promote the benefits of build system changes. You work effectively with development teams and individuals to identify and mitigate pain points in tool chains.
We are at the core a trading firm, however we value trading and technology equally and we believe that cooperation between traders and technologists is one of our great strengths. This is also reflected in our organizational and remuneration policies. We believe in fostering a truly flat environment in which great ideas can be recognized as well as put into practice from anybody within our organization
WHO WE ARE:
IMC is among the world’s leading technology-driven trading firms, and a market maker in securities listed on exchanges across the globe. Our cutting-edge technology drives everything we do. High performance algorithms, smart strategies and collaborative teams are the core of our business.
Today, IMC is 500+ people working together to build software and trade financial products in our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago and Sydney. What does this mean for you? The chance to join a multi-national, multi-cultural team of exceptional individuals, focused on making IMC the world’s best trading firm.