Business Technology/Enterprise Architecture Governance Professional
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Discover Financial Services’ mission is to be the leading direct bank and payment services partner. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our customers and employees. We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day.
This position will be located in Riverwoods, IL or Chicago, Illinois next to the Merchandise Mart.
Business Technology (BT) Enterprise Architecture/Governance is seeking an IT Professional who will be responsible for the Enterprise Java Strategy.
- Partner with the Domain Architects to develop manage and facilitates the company’s Java strategy and roadmap.
- Responsible for vendor relationship management (Oracle, IBM) from a Java perspective.
- Manage, coordinate and align Java strategy and standards with the Enterprise Project Management Office, BT support partners and Java dependent business application owners/key stakeholders.
- Responsible for managing enhancement requests and feedback from Business Technology support partners and stakeholders
Partners with the BT Domain Architects to understand business and technology requirements relevant to the Enterprise Architecture integration technologies, i.e., API based web services, Event driven architecture, messaging middleware.
- Monitor IT industry advances in all aspects of technical and application architectures related to Java and Open Source technologies.
- Participation and leadership in Enterprise IT Governance Reusable Common Components (RCC) Review Board.
- Preparation of weekly BT/EA Governance RCC board meetings for the Enterprise. Works with the various Domain Architects and BT support areas to ensure that the weekly RCC topics of discussion, meeting agendas, meeting attendees are prepared with the required documentation.
- Manage, maintain and support the RCC governance platform.
- Promotes a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science or MIS preferred) or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience in software architecture, design, development experience building scalable, high-performance systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills is required
- Application Development and integration background including: Java(JEE), REST APIs, WebSphere, Spring MVC, Spring boot, MQ
- GitHub, Jenkins, Cloud, CI/CD
- Application security techniques ( JWT, OAUTH, Encryption, Signing)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.