Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results.
As a C++ Software Developer, you will have an opportunity to solve challenging business problems while working closely with experienced technologists, quantitative researchers, and traders to choose the right tools and solutions for the job. In this role, you will employ your deep interest in C++ and systems programming on our trading platform team which is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining DRW's globally deployed low latency trading platform. While surrounded by cutting-edge technology and senior engineers, you will be provided with the best possible environment to succeed at DRW.
How you will make an impact…
- Learn the inner workings of a low latency automated trading platform
- Learn the fundamentals of trading and how technology enables the work flow
- Design, develop and test proprietary software, including:
- Low level optimizations for data processing
- Automated trading strategies
- Risk management platform
- Adapters for exchange protocols
- Trading simulator for strategy testing
- Robust inter process communication mechanisms
- Collaborate with experienced teammates to learn and implement bespoke solutions that balance speed, features, and cost to improve our technology stack
What you bring to the team…
- A degree in computer science, physics, mathematics or any related engineering discipline graduating between December 2021 and June 2022 (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD)
- Excellent software development skills in modern C++
- A strong understanding of object oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- A solid foundation in programming with the ability to think, communicate, and code clearly
- An eagerness to learn and apply what you have learned, and to know the impact your code made
Additional points for having…
- Experience in high performance, multi-threaded, network programming
- Previous exposure to trading systems or the trading industry
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.