Campus: Site Reliability Engineer (2021 Start) at Optiver
How do you scale a distributed system that handles over half a million correlated financial instruments across multiple data centers and thousands of servers? All while striving for simplicity and operational excellence? As an Optiver site reliability engineer, you will have challenges like these on your to-do list every day. You will perform the critical function of stewarding our trading system and ensuring a safe and orderly production environment.
Technology at Optiver:
As an engineer, you are a maker at heart. And at Optiver you will have the opportunity to take ownership of complex problems and craft solutions—to make stuff—from day one. Every day will bring fresh challenges that demand even fresher thinking. And the proprietary trading systems you build will directly impact financial markets that—either directly or indirectly—touch the lives of millions of people.
What you’ll do:
- Steward a first-in-class trading environment. Work with traders and developers to deploy changes to the production trading environment. Use in-house built tools to monitor the environment and respond to issues quickly when the need arises.
- Investigate complex technical issues. Dive into complicated technical problems in a fast paced environment to ensure the trading systems are operating at peak performance.
- Drive cross-team projects. Work in tandem with Trading, Development, and Operations teams to drive critical cross-team projects from initial strategy discussions through to completion.
What you’ll need:
- Graduating with a BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience scripting in Python, Perl, or Ruby
- Interest in operating systems and network architectures
- Ability to learn quickly and autonomously
- Attention to detail, diligence, and a high personal bar for performance expectations
- Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Experience working in a Technology role is a plus
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker specializing in pricing, execution and risk management. Working together, our traders and software engineers design proprietary systems and execute strategies to provide liquidity and increase market efficiencies.
Put simply, we improve the markets. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being. It requires intelligence, obviously. But in this industry, that’s table stakes. We’re seeking traders, software engineers and interns who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.