Chief Architect at DFIN
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
We are looking for technical team members at all levels who want to push themselves to deliver best in market SaaS solutions. We offer a challenging environment where you will have to grow, adapt and use your skills consistently. Success will be the reward as we build solutions for the moments that matter for our customers.
The Chief Architect is responsible for delivering results for the Engineering department by:
- Leading the architecture strategy for the company's suite of products in the Cloud and work collaboratively across all functional departments to support the long-term product vision
- Ensuring that our core product functionality is transitioned to unified application architecture
- Being a leader at DFIN who is both highly technical but also business savvy
- Actively participating in the engineering process- anticipating our future needs
- Set Standards for our Engineering team
Set, communicate, and govern technical standards throughout the product development organization. This includes the standards for the architecture itself and working closely with our delivery teams in setting standards of how the work gets done.
- Advance our Cloud Architecture
Drive the creation and implementation of architecture standards and artifacts by working collaboratively with the Engineering leadership team
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to develop the architecture, build the backlog, and adjust the design as necessary. Collaborate with the Product Management team to make sure the voice of architecture is part of the Product Roadmap.
- Lead technology evaluations and framework selections to choose the most appropriate technology that meets the current and future business needs.
- Analyze the risks, benefits, and opportunities associated with the implementation of solution.
- Be Diligent about Planning and Design
Translate product requirements to system level architecture, creates architecture roadmaps and high-level designs. Work with senior technical team (technical leads, principal engineers, etc.) to develop detailed designs.
- Perform Research and Development
Maintain knowledge of and seek to understand current trends in new technology. Have a progressive vision to look forward for our product in development for 3 years or more in the future.
- Collaborate across Product Development
Facilitate negotiation between Product Management and Engineering to advance the development of our product.
- Ensure that overall enterprise architecture is inclusive of all stakeholder viewpoints and are vetted to ensure that artifacts support, reflect, advance, and integrate as intended
- Work closely with Engineering in building and governing processes to improve and evolve the software development process at DFIN.
- Evaluating the long-term product plan and ensuring that we're anticipating architecture needs.
- Have an Agile mindset
Delivers solutions in small steps, with incremental feedback loop from internal and external stakeholders. Flexible and able to adjust or change direction as the business environment and technology universe evolves and changes.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines
- 10+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record.
- Excellent Knowledge of the new technology trends and its applications for the new products in the market.
- Excellent Knowledge of Software Engineering Discipline, including hands-on knowledge of Latest Programming Languages, Object-Oriented Programming, High-Performance, Fault-tolerant Distributed Systems, Data Structures and Algorithms, Operating Systems, Distributed DBMS and DB modeling.
- Strong technical understanding of the Microsoft technology stack
- Proven experience assessing business requirements
- Strong leadership skills and ability to perform under pressure to deliver complex technical solutions
- Excellent communication skills with ability to relate with both technical and business professionals
- Full knowledge of and adherence to Software Development Life Cycle best practices
- In depth knowledge of Agile Project Development Methodologies
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected]. #TalentknowsTalent