Sittercity, a Bright Horizons company, is a technology platform working to reimagine the child care industry. Finding, hiring and managing high-quality, trustworthy and enriching child care has never been simple, for parents or caregivers. We want to change that. At Sittercity, you can imagine and create solutions that will revolutionize a multi-billion industry and bring relief to parents and care providers alike, all while having a lot of fun! Boost your career as we launch into our next phase of growth and help build a platform that changes the way child care works.
What You’ll Do
Sittercity.com is a monolith rails application, and while this architecture has served us well, we are now ready to take things to a different level with a brand new set of API’s and a new vision to push our products forward. As a Chief Architect on the engineering team, you will bring your extensive knowledge of modern web technologies to architect our new technical vision.
- Lead high-level decision making for software development and oversee the “big picture” software architecture
- Communicate technical direction to various stakeholders including management and other technical staff
- Serve as a technical leader by providing collaboration, direction, and assistance to development teams in data modeling, technical design, and development as needed.
- Drive best practices for scaling, observability, reliability, and security
- Mentor other engineers across the organization
- Facilitate RFC and architectural reviews
- Facilitate build vs buy discussions
- 10+ years of experience developing web applications in one or more of the following: Ruby On Rails, Go, Vue, React
- Strong experience as a lead or senior software engineer
- Experience working with distributed systems
- Strong experience architecting systems in a cloud environment
- Experience leading development teams
- Strong communication and project management skills. We value well-rounded engineers
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with mobile architecture
- Experience with test automation
Why you should join us
We offer an innovative and fun environment that rewards passionate and curious individuals. Due to COVID-19, this will start as a remote role with the potential to eventually rejoin our team in our Chicago office. Our office provides a bright and energized space for collaboration as well as many quiet areas for concentration. Additionally, you will receive the following benefits:
- Support for flexible and remote working environments
- Company events, social outings and volunteer opportunities
- Generous paid time off policy, including sick and holiday
- Industry-leading parental leave
- Tuition assistance, college coach, and enhanced family support
- Great benefits package, including: health, dental, vision, disability, life, and 401(k) matching
- Sittercity membership, back up child/adult/elder care, and child care center discounts
Sittercity is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law. Sittercity participates in E-Verify and background checks all employees.