Cloud Automation Engineer Lead at Walgreens
As a Cloud Engineering Lead you will be partner with technology teams across the organization in deploying cloud services within enterprise cloud platforms using Azure DevOps processes. As part of the Cloud Center of Excellence, you provide engineering leadership and impact the design from an enterprise perspective. You will have expertise in repositories, code, infrastructure, source control, security, compliance, continuous integration, testing, delivery, and monitoring.
You will collaborate with other members of the Cloud Center of Excellence including Cloud Solution Architects, Cloud Data Architect, Cloud Network Architect, and Cloud Security Architect. You will collaborate and mentor technology teams across multiple business units encouraging the implementation of the cloud program.
This person must be able to communicate and partner across technology teams to accelerate the adoption of cloud solutions and facilitate optimal business outcomes.
- Engineer and enable enterprise cloud solutions within a DevOps environment
- Affects target state Cloud Architecture, partnering with other areas, such as Cloud Network Architects, Cloud Data Architects, Cloud Solution Architects, Cloud Security Architects, and Cloud Engineering and Development teams.
- Accelerates the adoption of cloud solutions across business units.
- Ensures cloud deployments result in resilient, extensive, and compliant systems. May oversee technology assessments, technology program reviews, and provide internal consulting to ensure all areas are practicing sound architecture hygiene.
- Translates complex ideas, technology, and programs into languages to which senior management can relate.
- Participates in the development of metrics and scorecards to impact the technology teams on industry best practices for cloud deployments.
- Supports in a passionate environment and produces high-quality work under tight deadlines.
- Works with business stakeholders to advise them on available SaaS Services and enterprise agreements.
- May lead, allocate and track the daily work of team members and/or contractors. Modifies the daily operations of the team and makes adjustments to short and mid-term priorities. Prioritizes and monitors team tasks. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy, touching millions of lives every day through dispensing and distributing medicines, and through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products. The company has more than 100 years of trusted healthcare heritage and passion in community pharmacy and pharmaceutical wholesaling.
WBA is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and well-being products. The company’s size, scale and expertise will help position us to expand the supply of, and address the rising cost of, prescription drugs in the U.S. and worldwide.
The company’s portfolio of retail and business brands includes Walgreens, Duane Reade, Boots and Alliance Healthcare, as well as increasingly global health and beauty product brands, such as No7, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle, Botanics, Sleek MakeUP and YourGoodSkin.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience leading complex Software Engineering and Architecture initiatives OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience leading complex Software Engineering and Architecture initiatives.
- Experience with public cloud architecture, Cloud strategy, networking, security.
- Experience with enterprise applications, IT services, and SaaS solution providers.
- Knowledge of cloud management and cost models with experience implementing best practices or suggested improvements.
- Experience suggesting competitive and innovative technical decisions, obtaining client buy-in and delivering on commitments
- At least 1 year of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Certification: Microsoft DevOps Engineer Expert
- Experience leading a large, highly technical teams in a matrix organization.
- Knowledge of app & data architectures and cloud native patterns for development, etc.
- Knowledge of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) philosophy, Chaos Engineering, technologies, platforms and tools, SLA management, incident resolution, and automation
- Experience leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
- Experience in large scale internet companies/technologies, where uptime and continuous availability was core to the business
- Experience identifying and partnering to implement automation opportunities to drive down toil and reduce technical debt
- Experience managing operations of large scale internet-centric Data environments for application or data services serving tens to millions of end users
- Experience presenting technical ideas in business-friendly language.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience applying standards of cloud compliance to application design to achieve reliability
- Knowledge of Networking and cloud technologies, for example Security, Load Balancing, Network routing protocols