Cloud Engineer, Intellio Labs at West Monroe
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is looking for a Cloud Engineer to join our Intellio Labs team and take on responsibility for network, security, compute, and storage provisioning and maintenance across several proprietary software assets in our portfolio, all of which support/enhance our consulting services. The engineer will focus on development and enhancement of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform across our entire suite of assets. They will assist in the design, development, testing, deployment, and support of IaC services across both AWS and Azure platforms, with guidance and mentorship from experienced technologists. They will also have the opportunity to continuously expand their skillset while working with cutting edge tools.
Ideally, the engineer will leverage a variety of technical skills, soft skills, and industry knowledge to contribute to the success of the Intellio Labs team. We’re searching for someone who is motivated to learn new technologies quickly, able to adapt to changing requirements, and passionate about building innovative solutions to solve complex problems using the latest cloud and infrastructure technologies.
- Interact with members of the Intellio Labs product teams, West Monroe line consultants, and firm-wide thought leaders to understand their vision, gather requirements, and provide feedback to the prioritization process
- Work in a collaborative team setting to ideate and design technical solutions to complex industry issues through analysis of current product functionality, desired end state, and available technologies
- Build out networking, security, and cloud services solutions while adhering to a standard software development lifecycle – requirements gathering, design, development, testing, implementation, and rollout
- Develop technical or end-user documentation detailing functionality, design, and possible extensions or uses of the feature within the larger product
- Provide clear communication on both the overall purpose of any of the Intellio products, as well as specific features to a business (non-technical) user to help with sales and client management
- Identify and resolve technical cloud and infrastructure issues, with minimal oversight, that arise during the design, testing, and ongoing maintenance processes
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Consulting firm/industry and/or start-up product development experience preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in cloud and infrastructure engineering with preferred skills in one or more of the following:
- Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, or Azure ARM
- AWS and/or Azure Cloud Services:
- VPC/VNet Configuration and Networking
- Security Groups
- IAM Roles and Management for services
- Container-based compute management
- Databricks or another Spark-based compute platform
- Blob storage systems such as S3 or Azure Data Lake Gen2
- Understanding of DevOps, CI/CD, or other continuous deployment/IT management concepts preferred
- Preferred experience with both Linux and OS environments with understanding of Auth0, Active Directory, ADFS, Azure AD, MFA tools, or other user authentication and authorization frameworks or toolsets
- Experience in or willingness to learn coding and scripting, preferably using either Python or YAML
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced, collaborative, Agile/Scrum project environment
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.