Cloud Engineer at closerlook, inc.
At closerlook, cloud computing allows us to modernize and consolidate IT infrastructure, automate workloads, and pursue next-generation innovation. To continue this transformation, we’re seeking an experienced Google Cloud Platform (GCP) cloud engineer with expertise in the strategy, design, development, and implementation of large-scale projects in the cloud. The ideal candidate is experienced in cloud-based tech, with a firm grasp of emerging technologies, platforms, and applications, and an ability to customize them to help our business become more secure and efficient. From day one, you’ll have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our IT operations, and an ongoing impact on our overall growth.
Objectives of this Role
- Work in tandem with our engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance
- Provide guidance, thought leadership, and mentorship to development teams to build cloud competencies
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design
- Manage cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines
- Implement CI/CD code development and deployment practices
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Develop and implement technical efforts to design, build, and deploy GCP applications at the direction of lead architects, including large-scale data processing, computationally intensive statistical modeling, and advanced analytics
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle for GCP solutions, including planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance
- Troubleshoot incidents, identify root cause, fix and document problems, and implement preventive measures
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or mathematics
- 3+ years of experience architecting, designing, developing, and implementing cloud solutions on GCP platforms
- Experience in several of the following areas: database architecture, ETL, business intelligence, big data, machine learning, advanced analytics
- Proven ability to collaborative with multi-disciplinary teams of business analysts, developers, data scientists, and subject matter experts
- GCP certifications are a plus
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST, and RPC
ABOUT CLOSERLOOK, INC.
closerlook is a new type of marketing agency that helps biopharma brands make a difference in the lives of patients and those who care for them.
We focus on what matters most—the combination of better patient outcomes and bigger business impact.
Learn more at closerlook.com
EQUALITY FOR ALL: AT THE HEART OF WHAT MATTERS
At closerlook, equality for all is a core value that’s at the heart of what matters. We believe in building a diverse and inclusive culture across race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, mental health, and physical ability. We celebrate our differences and champion diverse thinking to drive innovation — in a safe environment so everyone can be their authentic selves. By valuing and promoting our different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences as strengths, we are positioned to best serve patients, healthcare professionals, and the communities around us.