Join our award-winning A-Team!
Ready to produce exceptional results with exceptional people? Get in touch, we would love to get to know you.
Affinitiv is the largest provider of end-to-end, data-driven marketing and software solutions exclusively focused on the automotive customer lifecycle. Backed by 20+ years of automotive and marketing expertise, we pride ourselves on being the go-to experts in the industry. Not only do we work with over 6,500 dealerships and every major manufacturer in the country, we’re well-versed in OEM standards and the intricacies of a dealership or group’s local business.
Cloud System Engineer will be working closely with the Development team on a Cloud-hosted application and a number of web servers to ensure the environment is built, configured, managed, and monitored correctly to support the business. You will help drive decisions on right-sizing servers and storage, troubleshooting performance issues, ensuring the highest level of reliability for the platform, and tuning the environment for maximum scalability and security.
- Determine user requirements and design specifications for cloud-based architecture (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and conducting the deployment of new hosting environments and associated resources
- Evaluate service offerings from providers and make recommendations to customer regarding integration of these technologies into existing networks and environments
- Gather and report utilization and performance metrics pertaining to the deployed infrastructure of production system
- Assist with both strategic cloud initiatives as well as immediate operational activities.
- Engages in solution planning and creation to ensure applicable cloud resources are most effectively applied.
- Identify where processes can be optimized through automation.
- Ensures that the cloud capability is leveraged to its fullest extent and available to the maximum user base. Rapidly executes tasks and frequently iterates to ensure maximum user input and feedback.
- Collaborate with the development teams to integrate new capabilities that are aligned with the overall program strategy
- Experience with the planning, configuration, optimization, and deployment of Microsoft Azure solutions (VMs, AD, Automation, Monitor, Backup/recovery etc.).
- Experience in systems engineering, designing platforms to support developers
- Strong experience with Azure Cloud Security
- Experience with automation to Infrastructure
- Experience with the Cloud, Windows/SQL Server, Application Support, PowerShell scripting, and virtualization
- Ability to manage Azure subscriptions and resources, implement and manage storage, deploy and manage virtual machines, configure and manage virtual networks, and manage identities
- Experience implementing secure and scalable hybrid cloud architectures
- Experience with DevOps workflows using tools like Azure DevOps, JIRA, Confluence and others
- Ability to configure and utilize monitoring tools for Application performance as well as infrastructure
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3 years of Cloud experience preferred
- Networking, compute, and storage technologies
- Strong documentation skills.
This position is 100% remote. Successful candidates will need to be available to attend regular meetings during EST business hours and perform deployments which may require earlier start times as needed.
Work from Here
At Affinitiv, we have the best of both worlds. Our team members have embraced remote work and our Work from Here program allows for remote working and the utmost flexibility while keeping in person collaborating thriving in a safe work environment. Our Work from Here approach gives team members a choice to work on campus or remote, leaders can hold in person or virtual team meetings to collaborate and cultivate relationships.
Affinitiv knows you have interests outside of work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and 401K effective day 1 just to name a few. We also offer generous PTO so you can enjoy off time with family and friends.
At Affinitiv, we celebrate diversity, equality, and an inclusive environment.
Affinitiv is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are extended to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business needs. Affinitiv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.