Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
Reporting to Matt Dressel, VP of Engineering, Cloud Engineer will work with the larger Engineering team to create infrastructure, monitoring, and automation for Clearcover’s growing family of applications and services.
What will you do?
- Help establish reliability standards for our services, and create tools to monitor and alert on outages and anomalies.
- Build infrastructure and application deployment pipelines for a microservice architecture.
- Help us migrate our applications from Amazon ECS to Kubernetes.
- Work with the engineering and product team to automate the maintenance and deployment of AWS resources.
- Balance infrastructure, operational, and security concerns.
- Build tools to support high-velocity, self-service, agile product teams.
What do you have?
- Strong communication and experience collaborating between many teams
- Experience maintaining AWS production environments using infrastructure-as-code tools
- Experience using SRE techniques to establish patterns for reliability
- Experience in analyzing and visualizing monitoring sources including logs and metrics
- Experience in a production Kubernetes environment
- Worked in a multi-environment deployment architecture (Staging, UAT, Production)
- Experience with Terraform, Docker, ECS, PostgreSQL, CI/CD tools systems ( e.g. Gitlab, Jenkins, etc)
Nice to haves:
- Security expertise
- Experience with secret storage and management
- Experience monitoring with Prometheus and Grafana
- Familiarity with .NET and the Azure platform
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation and flexible work schedule, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium, 75% of your dependents and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- While we don't match yet, our 401(K) is pretty slick
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social