The Numerator Global DevOps team is growing!
We're looking for a motivated Cloud Engineer to join our team and help us build our ever-expanding Cloud Platforms. Here's a few examples of the technologies you'll be working with: Infrastructure-as-Code via Terraform. Automated Host Provisioning via Ansible and Ansible Tower. Log Aggregation and Analytics via SumoLogic. Metrics/APM via DataDog and Prometheus/Grafana. Containerization via Kubernetes. CI/CD via CircleCI/Azure DevOps, GemFury, and Shipit. All source-controlled via Git. As part of the Global DevOps team you will share responsibility for automating and co-maintaining our AWS hosted ecosystems.
This position is high impact and high growth within the DevOps career path. An ideal candidate will be a self-starting engineer with a passion for improving the DevOps culture in a rapidly growing company.
- Maintain and improve Automation Resources, using existing build-systems utilizing HashiCorp Packer, Terraform, Vagrant, and AWS technology.
- Assist teams in building improved observability and alerting pipelines.
- Elevate other team's experience of the AWS Cloud through safe and consistent automation tools.
- Assist teams to improve self-healing and self-service cloud-based ecosystems in an evolving AWS infrastructure.
- Co-manage efficient monitoring & alerting for all of our backend production intra-team services.
- Assist teams in implementing strong security practices within their product-line through automation.
- Ongoing tier 3 internal support for Terraform, Ansible, and AWS.
- 3+ years of work experience in a software backend, devops, or related field.
- Fundamental knowledge in Networking; Operating Systems; Package Build System (Debian, Redhat Package Manager, NPM, Webpack).
- Working experience with Terraform.
- Experience with typical Linux scripting tools (BASH, sed/awk, Make).
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef/Puppet/Ansible/SaltStack.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must. This position will be working closely in a small team with responsibilities to a growing engineering staff.
- Passionate about Documentation and Automation.
- Working knowledge of AWS including the AWS Well-Architected Framework guidelines and how they can be leveraged within an organization.
- Solid understanding in scalable systems & deployment architecture.
- Excited about building automation tools, services, and workflows to lift engineering teams at various stages of the SDLC.
- Knowledge/Application of the SRE core concepts.