Cloud Engineer at Slalom
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. We redefine what's possible and create what's next.
At Slalom, personal connection meets global scale. We build deep relationships with our clients in cities across the US, UK, and Canada, while sharing insights across markets to bring the full breadth of Slalom's expertise to every engagement. Our regional Build Centers are hubs for innovation, attracting top talent to rapidly co-create the technology products of tomorrow. We also nurture strong partnerships with over 200 leading technology providers, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft, Salesforce, and Tableau.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 7,500 employees. We were named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
Role: Cloud Engineer
Slalom is seeking Cloud Engineers to join our newly formed Regional Delivery Team (RDT) – Midwest. RDT helps our clients transform their businesses by providing local teams access to cutting edge capabilities and scarce expertise. You will help support, develop, and expand new capabilities throughout the region, which will require about 30-50% travel.
We are looking for someone with:
- 3+ years of experience with a major cloud provider
- Experience programming and scripting (Python, Java/C/C++)
- Experience with private, hybrid or public cloud technology
- Possess Strong Cloud Implementation Experience in Cloud architecture/design, compute/storage services.
- Understand multi-Cloud/multi-zone based designs.
- Configure Google Cloud for project needs.
- Design highly scalable, available and reliable cloud applications
- Evaluate and adopt new tools and approaches to improve delivery quality
- Integrate Google Cloud Platform services like Cloud Storage, DataProc, CloudSQL, BigQuery
- Experience using the Linux Command Line, especially in conjunction with GCP Experience with GCP Build and Deployment Tools
- Experience leading teams and engagements
- Experience supporting production applications or workloads in a cloud-based environment
- Understanding of High Availability and Disaster Recovery principles, patterns, and usage
- TLS/SSL, encryption, and key management principles
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience with networking principles and technologies (DNS, Load Balancers, Reverse Proxies
- Automation experience with CloudFormation, Resource Manager, Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Container experience with Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes
- Practical experience sizing hardware and storage needs
- Experience configuring and tuning virtual private clouds
- Experience with mass migrations of closing data centers and moving large workloads to a cloud
- Experience translating old-world data center thinking to cloud-native architecture
- Cloud Certifications or the desire to obtain them is a big plus
- Design level thinking capable of presenting complex architectures in a meaningful way for clients not familiar with cloud
Slalom Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law.