Cloud Engineering Team Lead
Overview Ensono’s Public Cloud Center of Excellence is focused on the delivery, architecture, and automation required to run mission-critical applications in the public cloud (AWS and Azure). You will be working on a variety of projects and solutions for household names using the latest technology including AWS, Terraform, Ansible, Saltstack, Datadog, Jenkins, Packer, Bitbucket, Containers etc. A passion for your team, AWS, client service, and automation is a must.
- Lead and manage the team on a day to day basis
- Conduct regular 1:1s and quarterly performance reviews
- Resource manage project work and BAU support
- Maintain high availability through proactive measures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues.
- Ensure clients are updated on current status of work and issues.
- Lead on proactively improving ways of working and processes.
- Partake in an oncall rota to provide 24x7 4th line support for Ensono’s AWS clients.
- Proactively keep up to date on AWS services and developments.
- 3 years+ successful team leading experience ( or equivalent demonstrable ability )
- 10+ years’ experience in supporting highly customer-focused mission critical environments (e.g. high profile websites or enterprise infrastructure) essential.
- 2+ years’ experience of engineering, architecting, or supporting AWS solutions.
- Excellent O/S knowledge – Linux or Windows ( e.g. RHCE or MCSE or equivalent knowledge )
- Experience of implementing and supporting AWS based instances and services (e.g. EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, RDS, IAM, Route53, Cloudfront, Elasticache).
- One or more AWS Associate level certifications such as SysOps Administrator Associate (CSOA), Solutions Architect Associate (CSAA), etc., preferably an AWS Professional level certification such as Solutions Architect Professional (CSAP) or DevOps Engineer Professional (DOEP)
- Experience of building and maintaining scalable and auto-scaled environments using automation and configuration management tools (e.g. Cloudformation/Terraform and Ansible/Puppet) beneficial or can be gained.
- Scripting ability useful.
- Experience of using Git for version control useful
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP.
- A degree in a computing-related discipline or equivalent ability and knowledge.
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment beneficial.
- Desire to continually grow, develop and improve.
- Proven ability to develop a team and improve teamwork
- Proven experience of carrying out effective recruitment
- Ability to confidently and calmly assess and resolve issues
- Good communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills