Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
What we do
Strike Social harnesses the power of artificial intelligence to drive the best outcomes in YouTube and social media advertising. Through media-buying software and service, Strike Social manages 15,000+ campaigns each day for the world’s leading agencies and brands, including Beats, Xbox, Honda, Mattel, Lionsgate and Trunk Club. With a workforce presence in 16 major markets — including headquarters in Chicago and offices in Kraków and Manila — Strike Social was recently named the No. 17 fastest-growing private company in the U.S. by Inc. Magazine. Learn more at strikesocial.com.
How do we do it
We are a growing team of independent thinkers who bring their diverse talents and backgrounds to help build a programmatic media-buying platform. We work in an agile environment, and frequently pair program to improve collaboration and software quality. We are polyglots and you’ll see us use languages and frameworks like Python, Typescript, Angular2, Flask, and Pandas. Our infrastructure relies on Nomad, Terraform, Consul, Vault, Nginx, Redis, Postgres, Redshift, and Auth0.
You are a passionate engineer who loves solving the world’s problems with state of the art technology. You’ve got solid coding chops, and have demonstrated an ability to identify and learn new tools, languages and technologies. You welcome feedback and use it as a way to improve your own skills and methods. You are a mentor and understand the value in helping and developing others. You are pragmatic and know how to strike a balance between building long-term value in software, and meeting business goals in a timely fashion.
If you are passionate about building high-quality products and are motivated to make an impact in evolving a test-driven culture, we would love to talk to you.
- Independently manage infrastructure and system automation tasks
- Use terraform to build, configure, and support systems in AWS
- Securely develop and innovate on Strike’s infrastructure and application environment
- Support other engineering team members as needed in their work
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support of systems
- Create and support Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Working knowledge of SDN (Software Defined networking)
- Manage infrastructure projects, owning tasks through delivery and creating detailed technical documentation
- Enable the unique needs of Strike’s innovative and data-driven applications
- 1+ years of hands-on experience in supporting a diverse set of cloud infrastructure technologies, AWS experience preferred
- Experience supporting and administering large-scale microservice environments
- Understanding of common security requirements and their technical implementation
- Familiarity with basic network management tools and architectural patterns
- Demonstrated collaboration skills in working with diverse teams and in partnering with stakeholder, software engineers, and test engineers
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment and developing flexible solutions to meet evolving requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Working at Strike Social
Strike Social is a close-knit, work-hard/play-hard environment. If you want a fun, challenging and rewarding experience, apply to join our team! Aside from standard (and generous) employee benefits, Strike offers unlimited PTO, an open office environment, casual dress code, a spectacular Loop location and frequent team outings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.