Cloud Operations Manager
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. As a Cloud Operations Manager at our organization, you will strive to achieve efficiencies via maximum possible automation and standardization of services. This enables our engineering and business teams to deliver solutions that improve the effectiveness of primary care for our doctors and patients.
Integral to our Technology Operations team, the Cloud Operations Manager will drive a wide variety of projects to support and improve the organization’s operational efficiency, including overall resource availability and response times. As a new member of our team, you will initially be responsible for helping with the implementation of process and controls that takes us to next level of operational maturity.
What are some examples of projects you will be leading as a Cloud Operations Manager at VillageMD?
- As part of our Security First approach, you will ensure Technology Operations is adhering to regulatory compliance guidelines established by the Security Operations and Legal/Compliance teams.
- You will be accountable for cloud services operations: provisioning, implementing and maintaining all environments, including active monitoring and responding to alerts with quick resolution.
What will make you successful here?
- A desire to partner with engineering and security operations teams to promote innovation, standardization and simplification.
- The ability to build and utilize the right combination of tools to drive efficiency for the Technology Operations team.
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do.
What you might do in your first year:
- Build and implement solutions to support HITRUST certification.
- Identify opportunities to build automation and services to make operations of continuously growing infrastructure simple.
- Develop an understanding of the current footprint of enterprise cloud services in order to build a stack of controls and checkpoints that achieves operational and architectural goals
- Create operational KPIs and cost management & optimization metrics.
- Participate in defining a business continuity strategy, and perform a key role in implementing an HA/DR solution.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Active Directory topology in a multi-domain/VPC environment.
- Act as a technical resource and provide direction to the desktop engineering team.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 5 + years of full-time experience in system administration (Linux and Windows)
- Proven track record with automation, infrastructure as code and continuous delivery techniques
- Exposure to cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Rackspace)
- Experience with directory services (Active Directory, LDAP, Okta, OneLogin, etc.)
- Knowledge of infrastructure monitoring and alerting tools, such as SolarWinds, Logic Monitor, Data Dog or Nagios
- Ability to thrive in a highly-regulated, fast-paced, and evolving environment
- Prior experience working with PowerShell, Perl, Bash, Python, REST API, and JSON
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.