Cloud Security Engineer, Managed Services
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on the front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game-changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is currently seeking a Security Engineer to oversee, advise, implement, and integrate West Monroe Partners managed security services at our Clients. This role will assist our Clients in maintaining their security operations program and be responsible for managing the response, recovery, and review of security incidents. The Security Engineer functions as a critical conduit between the customer and West Monroe’s security team.
Demonstrate an understanding of security technology and ability to apply commonly known security practices and possess a working knowledge of Microsoft cloud security technologies. Individuals must be able to provide subject matter expertise and guidance to operational teams that request or require Information Security Engineering. Candidates should be to able manage and response to security incidents leveraging Microsoft 365 security components and work on a mixture of Cloud and on-Prem Endpoint Security solutions.
Specific skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to:
Incident Response, Investigation, and Management
- Thoroughly and accurately understand issues and analyze the problem in a systematic fashion.
- Match Incidents to similar, review existing and generate new knowledge base articles
- Ensure that work is documented and Clients are updated
- Serve as a Security Team’s communication, coordination and escalation point for the Managed Services teams. This function may involve off-hours engagements
- Ensure that WMP policies and procedures are followed
- Coordinate incident response process with client teams when a security incident has been declared
- Perform Reporting and Analytics on security incident response related tasks
- Document and present Security Incident analytics to management, suitable for Client's consumption
- Implement security controls around securing Cloud Managed Desktops, Office 365 and Azure
- Leverage Microsoft Cloud App Security to manage and secure Microsoft 365 components and work on a mixture of Cloud and on-Prem Endpoint Security solutions.
- Enhance on-prem endpoint security controls by using Cloud Native Products
- Create efficiencies through automation by consuming various vendor APIs
- Normalize, aggregate and present endpoint data from multiple sources into central dashboards and SIEM
- Create and maintain comprehensive engineering documentation, including: design, product installation, diagrams, and operational runbooks
- Correlate vulnerability assessment data to pinpoint potential points of attack
- Detailed knowledge of security technologies and trends
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Adherence to industry standards and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent
- Strong Windows Security background with a proven track record delivering and architecting Enterprise large-scale stable and secure solutions in both traditional and cloud environments
- Experience with Windows and Azure Active Directory
- Experience with Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection and latest Microsoft E5 Security Product set
- Strong Windows OS, Active Directory, and network troubleshooting skills
- Experience operating and managing Microsoft Security tools, include Cloud App Security and Windows ATP Defender
- Experience with other 3rd party Endpoint Security Agents such as Carbon Black and Sophos product suite
- Experience in testing and evaluating Security products in a Lab environment
- Proficient at debugging processes
- Ability to use protocol analyzers, i.e. WireShark to diagnose client-server application issues
- Good understanding of the OSI model
- Familiarity with of the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP)
- Strong PowerShell scripting
- Basic understanding of Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Experience operating and managing IDS tools, including Cisco Firepower and Palo Alto IDS preferred
- Previous consulting experience and strong soft skills (active listening, problem solving, conflict resolution, etc.)
Think you've got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.