Cloud Security Engineer at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a Cloud Security Engineer?
Clearcover is looking for an energetic, experienced, and highly motivated Cloud Security Engineer to join our team. Cloud Security Engineers build, maintain, and monitor security solutions to protect the platform that powers Clearcover’s API products, applications, and machine-learning applications. We work every day to improve the security of our software, build automation within our AWS and Kubernetes infrastructure. The Cloud Security Engineer role is an integral part of our Product and Technology organization and requires a shift-left mindset for security. If you have an appetite for SecOps built on cloud and automation, we'd love to talk to you!
What will you do?
- Develop, deploy, and operate security mechanisms within our AWS infrastructure.
- Play a significant role in the design and execution of the security operations processes, procedures and runbooks.
- Guide/lead mitigation strategies for identified vulnerabilities and threats.
- Prioritize events using existing tools to correlate data for the purpose of reducing false positives and detecting threats.
- Work closely with SRE to “build-in” security as code.
- Participate in incident response activities.
- Develop monthly reporting dashboards and metrics on incidents and response capabilities
- Act as a trusted advisor for security related questions and concerns.
What do you need?
- Experience working as a security engineer in cloud environments.
- Experience with cloud IaaS offerings in AWS.
- Experience with security operations monitoring tools and processes (SIEM).
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Terraform, Ansible, or similar solutions.
- Knowledge of security hardening standards and vulnerability trends on Linux servers and containers.
- Understanding of data protection mechanisms including encryption.
- Familiarity with container orchestration platforms.
Nice to haves?
- Understanding of static/dynamic code analysis of various programming languages.
- Experience with integrating security into continuous integration/deployment tools.
- Experience implementing security in Kubernetes.
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited PTO, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover the vast majority of your premiums to make the cost of you and your family's coverage affordable. Plus, we contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social (for once we’re back in the office)
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.