Cloud Security Engineer at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Cloud Security Engineer is responsible for the delivery, operating, and scaling of security capabilities across the organization. This includes supporting technical implementations, working cross-team with infrastructure, system, application, and architecture teams to better the security posture of the organization. This role will act as a cloud security expert within a growing, collaborative team in a cutting-edge HR and payroll tech company. Keep abreast of the latest technologies in a hands-on role that also provides a unique opportunity to shape the future direction and design of our systems. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology and the opportunity to play a foundational role in a new team is self-motivated and has great communication skills.
Reports To: Manager, Security Engineering
- Work as a member of the security engineering team and cross functionally to help promote hybrid on-premise and cloud practices.
- Leverage cloud security tools such as Cloud Security Posture Management to identify and remediate misconfigurations, escalate vulnerabilities to the correct owners, and educate teams to best practices.
- Conduct education sessions and create documentation and guidance to cloud security best practices.
- Comfortable jumping into new technologies as new requirements the organization continues to push cloud technologies across the different enterprise and product teams.
- Familiarity with using NIST, ISO, and other compliance frameworks to write documentation and leverage for compliance requirements.
- Desire to attain AWS/Cloud certifications and continue to build cloud native skills across different technologies.
- Knowledge of multi-cloud, hybrid environments
- AWS, Azure, and GCP experience (AWS strongly preferred)
- Experience with GuardDuty, AWS WAF, Security Hub
- Experience with AWS IAM, S3, EFS, EC2, Fargate, Lambda, API Gateway, and ECS
- Familiarity with authentication and authorization; single-sign-on systems e.g. Kerberos, Active Directory, LDAP Experience with compliance regulation requirements
- Python, Go, Bash, PowerShell scripting experience
- AWS CloudFormation or Hashicorp Terraform infrastructure as code (IaC)
- Windows OS / Linux administration
- Docker and Kubernetes experience
- Working within an Agile team (Daily stand up, Retrospectives, etc.)
- AWS Certified Architect, SysOps, or Developer Associate
- AWS Certified Architect or DevOps Professional
- AWS Certified Security
- Bachelor's Degree in InfoSec, Computer Science, or related preferred
- 3-5 years experience, Cloud Engineering, Cloud Security Engineering, Security Engineering
- Ability to self-teach technical concepts in security and apply them in real-world scenarios.
- Great communication skills with the ability to build strong cross-team relationships.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual bonus and restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.