Cloud Solutions Architect
Are you fully engaged at work?
Think back to your last job. Did your work ever feel...less than challenging? Enova team members don’t have that problem. We’re regularly solving complex problems that directly impact the business and help grow our skills at the same time. When we talk to our team members, they tell us they’ve broken through personal and professional barriers thanks to the mission-driven work they’re tackling and the support from their manager and team. Where else can you level up your skills by working on fresh, interesting challenges every day? We want to celebrate your wins with you. This is the core of Enova.
About the role:
In this role, you will serve as part of Enova’s technology leadership, working in an interdisciplinary manner with other departments to build and migrate applications, software, and services in the cloud. You will drive improvements in our cloud strategy and translate that strategy into executable deliverables that continues to innovate. Beyond this, you will align significant technology initiatives with larger department and company goals, and drive them end-to-end across multiple architectural tiers.
This is a highly technical role, requiring competency across many areas of technology (infrastructure, security, operations, relational and non-relational storage, integration, observability, application development) and a deep understanding in at least 2-3 of those areas (ideally infrastructure, application development, and observability). This is a hands-on role and you'll spend time working closely with developers, infrastructure and operations engineers, technology leadership, and product managers.
What you'll be doing:
- Participate in building and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform.
- Lead architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge across our teams.
- Capture and share best practices amongst the Enova technology community.
- Execute at a high level in the diagnostic process and fault tolerance design at a portfolio level.
- Champion resilient design principles in the solutioning process.
- Build relationships with senior technical individuals and enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Act as a technical liaison between the business, service engineering teams, and support.
We're excited about you if you have:
- 7+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience with distributed applications or systems architecture.
- 7+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking.
- 5+ years of experience architecting and operating solutions built on AWS in complex enterprise environments.
- Passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for diverse teams.
- An understanding of large scale computing solutions. Our ideal candidate will have past experience working as a systems or support engineer.
- A growth mindset. You enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones. You regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
Enova is a FinTech company dedicated to using technology to help hard-working people get access to fast, trustworthy credit. To date, we’ve helped more than 5 million customers around the world. Born and raised in Chicago, our philosophy is simple, “Life’s short. Work someplace awesome.” Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.
Our goal at Enova, we believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.