Commercial Bank - Head of Core Engineering at JPMorgan Chase
Head of Core Engineering for Commercial Banking – reports to Head of Engineering and Architecture and Shared Services for Commercial Banking and oversees team of multi-disciplined engineers who help advance modern engineering goals. The responsibilities include:
a. Define and own the execution of the strategy to maintain and mature the Commercial Banking engineering eco-system, improve engineer efficiency and quality of software delivered.
b. Align the Commercial Banking core engineering strategy to the Global Technology (firm-wide) Core engineering strategy as defined by the Chief Technology Office. Represents the Commercial Banking technology team in the firm-wide Heads of Core Engineering forum. Member of Commercial Banking Technology Architecture Council,
c. Contribute to the ongoing maturity of the GT core engineering strategy through the provision of requirements, feedback and execution support where appropriate. Elevate Commercial Banking core engineering strategies where these have broader application or the potential to inform and mature the future state GT core engineering strategy.
d. Actively review Commercial portfolio health metrics and advise Head of Engineering and Architecture on improvement plans. The portfolio includes the firm-wide macro-measures and the applications that are managed
e. Actively review Commercial Banking adoption of Software Delivery Lifecycle tools with a focus on automated tool chains and advise Head of Engineering and Architecture on adoption plans and associated progress.
f. Ensure that development practices are in compliance with all published GT Control Standards
g. Advance Modern Engineering Practices with focus on High Craft Engineering Practices and Tools for Continuous Delivery
- Continuous Integration
- Deployment Automation
- Trunk-based Development
- Test Automation and Test Data Management
- Engineering applications for Resiliency, Observability, Security
- Loosely Coupled Application Engineering
- Cloud Engineering
- Compelling User Experience Development
- UX Frameworks
h. Develop and cultivate communities of practice in Commercial Banking to improve engineering skills – encourage sharing of best practices, support recognition of teams which demonstrate high craft engineering.
i. Collaborate with Production Engineering teams in Commercial Banking which oversee Site Reliability Engineering practices. ring teams across Commercial Banking where the CTOs
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Experienced senior IT professional with a proven Technology track record, with more than 15 years’ experience in combinations of successful application development and technology operations management
- Demonstrated ability and success in interacting and influencing senior leadership on areas and strategies concerning the selection and deployment of technologies
- Mastery of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- SCM / DevOps / CI/CD tools & process (GIT/Bitbucket, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Sonar), Testing tools & frameworks (Jasmin/Karma, JUnit, Selenium, Cucumber, Mockito), Agile Methodology and Tools (JIRA)
- Experience with Micro Services & Event Architecture
- Experience with Integration patterns and messaging technologies (JMS, Mule, Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with Cloud Platforms, Container/Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry)
- Strong Communication Skills demonstrating the ability to present and explain ideas and concepts.
- Experience building and managing global Software Engineering teams.
- Experience in engineering solutions for metrics gathering/publishing and event collection/correlation across distributed architectures, automation, monitoring, intelligent alerting, random fault injection (Chaos Engineering), and self-healing
- Experience providing leadership for large data volume applications.
- Expertise in working in in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Organizes and prioritizes critical issues and required information to facilitate efficient decision making; provides oversight and guidance to team projects of highest priority and importance
- Able to distill widely variant feedback into root cause issues and provide actionable feedback to other senior stakeholders. Excellent technical and business presentation, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Track record of driving strategy, organizational and operating model change
- Strong facilitation, process and influencing skills
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Commercial Banking division uses technology driven by innovative minds like yours to provide companies, as well as real estate owners and investors with a range of financial solutions designed to help them achieve their business goals. With annual client revenues ranging from $20 million to over $2 billion, the service and the solutions we provide is critical to both our and our clients’ success.