Commercial Bank Platform and Shared Services Technology Lead Architect, Executive Director
Our Commercial Banking (CB) team serves more than 30,000 clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. The Firm's broad platform positions CB to deliver extensive product capabilities - lending, treasury services, investment banking, and asset management - to meet our clients' domestic and international financial needs. Our Commercial Banking division leverages technology driven by innovative minds like yours to provide quality products to market through Agile.
As a Lead Architect on the CB Platform and Shared Services Technology team, you will support all CB businesses and operations supported by a full suite of technology platforms that deliver document management, integration, and workflow solutions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with Product Owners, Technology leaders, Application Owners and Business Partners to advocate and incorporate the essential guidance of the CB Architecture Big Rules while building solutions for our products.
- Ensure the application of expected practices, platforms, frameworks, and standards as their associated teams build solutions
- Apply Domain driven Design to identify loosely coupled autonomous applications within the application portfolio
- Encourage application of high craft engineering techniques across their portfolio – this includes Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment and engineering that includes automated testing, resiliency, security, and observability.
- Additionally, assist engineers in employing modern platforms and modern frameworks
- Help develop target states for their respective portfolios in alignment with the CB Reference Architecture.
- Contribute to improving the overall architecture maturity for the Commercial Bank to advance and mature our modernization by regularly participating in architecture maturity assessments
- By championing the Big Rules, they will also reinforce the benefits of the GT Architecture Principles and Practices and will also positively impact CB’s Macro Metrics
- Achieving smart reuse through shared services by identifying and promoting reusable ‘business invariant or product invariant’ services rather than build overlapping capabilities
- Identify change within your specific area of responsibility and ensure the appropriate governance is applied such that system changes follow approved processes and are documented and approved accordingly
- Actively participate and contribute to CB Technology Architecture Council Working Groups, providing advice, guidance, and information relevant to their respective charters – and improving and refining related architecture collateral
- Contribute to and champion the CB Reference Architecture to establish, identify and communicate reference implementations, patterns, platforms, and frameworks
- Actively engage, contribute, and gain visibility with firm-wide forums e.g. graph database design council, cloud design council, API, AI/ML
- Sustaining our Modernization and Technology Strategy through Governance by championing our Big Rules, GT Architecture Practices and Principles and being advocates of the development community
- Possess significant breadth across multiple disciplines such as:
- Enterprise Security architecture
- Compute services and storage
- Integration Architecture (API)
- Orchestration Technologies
- Systems Resiliency
- Drive Refactoring and Design of legacy software to enhance client experience and use modern architecture patterns both on Cloud and traditional kit using:
- Event Based Programming
- Demonstrate proven experience with cloud software, platforms and/or infrastructures as an architect or engineer including artifact creation and strategic design presentations using industry standard patterns.
- Demonstrate proven experience with the assessment, implementation, management, and documentation of a broad set of information technologies and processes such as:
- Application scaling
- Application security
- Data protection and Encryption within a cloud environment
- Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
- Preferred: Experience with Machine Learning and AI Technologies.
- Preferred: Experience with Relational and Non-Relational Data Stores.
- Preferred: Achieved Cloud related certifications for Public Cloud either at AWS, Google, Azure or on-prem Private Cloud for your institution.
- Minimum 5 years of Cloud Design, Development and Implementation experience leveraging microservices, container-based solutions, event-based architectures.
- Minimum 5 years of Domain Driven Design or similar experience.
- Minimum 5 years of working with Lean and Agile project frameworks.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Preferred: Strong knowledge of financial services and loans industry products.
- Ability to work independently, taking a leadership role on specific efforts.
- Strong collaboration, influence and relationship management skills to effectively work across a wide range of stakeholders to gain buy-in and drive progress.
- Experience in a very controlled and regulated environment and how that impacts the environment, access, and various deployment concepts.
- Ability to work in a global team located across multiple regions and time zones.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to synthesize data into concise messages for business and technical leadership teams.
- Attention to detail, follow-up skills, and results-orientation.
- High degree of motivation and adaptability.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Commercial Banking division uses technology driven by innovative minds like yours to provide companies, as well as real estate owners and investors with a range of financial solutions designed to help them achieve their business goals. With annual client revenues ranging from $20 million to over $2 billion, the service and the solutions we provide is critical to both our and our clients’ success.