Contingent Worker - Principal Architect/Lead Developer at OCC
Project: Renaissance Risk Architecture
WORK TO BE PERFORMED:
- Lead development of solution architecture on Renaissance Risk Platform core team & on Renaissance Risk functional teams
- Drive various enterprise level architecture initiatives covering Risk Platform interactions at enterprise level and help flush out reference architecture with POC/Designs.
- Solicit business and technical requirements. Translate those into flexible, scalable, resilient design proposals.
- Review architecture proposals with tech leads in the firm as well as senior business partners.
- Collaborate with others to deliver complex projects which may involve multiple systems.
- Analyze, document, refine, and govern architectures that are developed.
- Create strategies and transition plans to deliver target state architectures.
- Recommending technologies and tools that improve the efficiency and quality of OCC’s systems and development processes.
II. SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Experience in architecting and supporting development of projects involving Java 8 (or higher version), spring boot, micro services and advance programming constructs like AOP, concurrency and multithreading.
- Experience developing/architecting containerized cloud based solutions with good understanding of AWS services like EC2, RDS, S3, KMS, AWS CLI, Networking, AWS Security and IAM, etc. preferred
- Ability to facilitate working architecture sessions with diverse participants including tech leads and business stakeholders.
- Hands-on experience building POC and in documenting architecture proposals through clear and comprehensive diagrams, use cases, and written documents
- Ability to syndicate and communicate clearly and concisely architecture designs and proposals to others
- Fluent in object-oriented design, industry best practices, software patterns, and architecture principles.
- Experience working with enterprise architecture frameworks, like TOGAF.
- Experience defining and documenting architecture strategies, designs, and requirements across all enterprise architecture domains – business, information systems (applications & data), and technology.
- Good understanding of architecture design mechanisms and steps including logical/conceptual, business and physical architectures. Ability to map between these constructs.
- Experience working with the following: Public-cloud platforms/AWS Unix/Linux environments, event-driven systems, transaction processing systems, high performance computing, distributed and parallel systems, large software system development, security software development.
- Experience with distributed computing frameworks a plus eg. - AWS EMR, Kubernetes, Apache Hive, Kafka Streams, Apache Flink, Apache Beam etc.
- Experience with some messaging frameworks preferred. Eg. - Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Amazon Kinesis, etc.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience.