Contract Front End Developer at One North
One North is a full-service digital agency helping businesses solve complex problems in creative ways. We’re makers, technologists and relationship builders guiding you toward what’s next. Unlike traditional agencies, we stitch together a deep level of expertise across disciplines so that we can do the work of multiple teams. With capabilities in brand and communications, digital experience, technology and infrastructure, and optimization and insights, we can take on any challenge. We deliver the human element to digital so that your big ideas come to life. One North is a TEKsystems company.
We are looking for a proactive leader and passionate digital thinker to join our future-forward Experience Design team at One North as a Front End Developer on a 3-6 month contract basis.
One North is structured in an open office environment with room to collaborate across a number of different teams and functions. Overlooking the Chicago River, our office is located in the Loop. However, we are open to practitioners working remotely.
Bring your technical expertise, passion and curiosity to a creative and energetic team that strives build innovative digital experiences for our clients.
In the Front End Developer role, you can expect to work closely with every part of One North (partnering with industry-leading strategists and designers, building with architects and developers…etc.). In an increasingly competitive digital market, our Front End Developers are given the space they need to invent, problem solve, explore, fix and create.
Itching to stretch and build upon your passion for front end development? Looks like you found the right place.
When packing your bags, please bring:
• The ability to engineer for performance, maintainability and efficiency, while also creating beautiful end-user experiences.
• A knack for teamwork and working with people across agency capabilities.
• A solid understanding of the tools, processes and approaches for world-class front-end development, and also the skills and appreciation for UX/UI and creative design principles.
Your weapons (wield them wisely):
• Ideally 3 or more years of relevant experience
• Advanced knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS
• Familiarity with CSS preprocessors (e.g. SASS)
• Solid command of advanced CSS techniques
• Ability to write performant code
• Ability to develop responsive websites
• Experience with Handlebars, Pug, and/or Mustache
• Ability to integrate 3rd party libraries depending on project requirements
• Familiarity with Git
• Familiarity with various front end build tools (e.g. Webpack, Gulp)
• Solid understanding of how to develop for cross-browser compatibility
• Ability to navigate design files (Figma, Sketch, Photoshop)
• Familiarity with animation libraries and SVG
• Nice to have – Experience building web applications with Node and Express
• Nice to have – Experience working with MongoDB/Mongoose
• Ability to create websites that meet accessibility standards
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
• Eye for detail and high personal standards
• Dedication to following industry and One North FED best practices and standards
• It’s good to have a strong perspective, but you must be open to new ideas and flexible enough to adapt in a constantly changing discipline.
Additional skills & qualifications:
· Passion for technology: Our developers must demonstrate a passion for technology and a hunger to grow and continue learning in their field (coding outside of work, self-education, involvement in local tech community, etc.).
· Collaborative spirit: We work with team members across functions, so they must be comfortable with a highly collaborative environment.
· Strong communication skills: Our developers must have a desire to collaborate across multiple creative, strategic, and technical resources including UX, Creative Design, Brand, and Digital Strategy.