At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready for the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is looking for an experienced Enterprise Architect to join our Technology practice and work closely with our Mergers and Acquisitions practice (M&A). This is an exciting opportunity to work within our Technology practice on project work including M&A due diligence's, strategic enterprise architecture, architecture of post-merger integrations, and high-level plans for carve-outs.
What will you be doing?
· Assess the underlying technical environment within an organization and identify risks and opportunity areas to make recommendations on how to achieve long-term scalability, reduce operational cost, or better support business processes
· Evaluate IT and technical development processes for best practices and levels of maturity
· Identify key process issues and risks in the context of an investment thesis while evaluating potential investments for our Private Equity client
· Formulate projects and strategies to support the client’s investment thesis, key risk mitigation, and long-term technology-based initiatives in the form of risk mitigation and post-close projects
· Demonstrate expertise in designing technology solutions through system integration and application development
· Bachelor's degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required
· Consulting firm/industry experience preferred
· 7-15 years of software architecture with experience in migrations, re-factoring and greenfield development projects
· Experience applying modern software design concepts such as separation of concerns, microservices, service oriented architectures, test-driven development, model-driven development, etc.
· Working knowledge and experience with complex business systems integration and custom object-oriented design and development
· Strong software engineering experience with two or more of the following:
· Experience applying Agile/lean methodologies
· Experience architecting solutions using database technologies such as relational, NoSQL, transactional and/or data warehouses
· Demonstrated experience leading technical engagements including proposal development, estimation, and day-to-day project management experience (time tracking, budgeting, status reporting, etc.
· Familiarity or awareness of application security and secure coding principles
· Experience working within a dynamic, collaborative, and team-based environment
· Desire to lead and mentor other team members or developers while leading projects
· Experience architecting for cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS is a plus
· Excellent leadership, organizational, verbal and written communication skills