Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is looking for technologists with extensive experience in software architecture and product development to join our team of CTOs and industry experts. Technologists will provide perspective and guidance regarding technology opportunities and risks within M&A transactions across many industries.
Consider this job to be CTO boot camp where you are continuously expanding your skillset while working with cutting edge technologies, platforms, and frameworks. Exit opportunities include CTO/CIO positions in the industry.
- Collaborate with architects from other competencies (e.g. Cloud & Infrastructure, Data & Analytics, Cybersecurity) in support of client M&A activity, solving business problems through analysis of technology systems, software applications, and business processes
- Assess underlying software/technology landscape within enterprise organizations to make recommendations to strategic investors on improving market readiness, achieving long-term scalability, and/or reducing operational cost
- Analyze contemporary, layered software application/architecture stacks down to the code level
- Evaluate SDLC processes, risks, and project management methods for best practices, security, and maturity levels
- Formulate strategic investment summaries, key risk mitigation analyses, and long-term technology-based strategies for both pre-close and post-close projects
- Establish the linkage between business strategy and technology (and vice versa) to deliver impactful outcomes
- Stay abreast of technology trends and their practical (or potential) application, and help clients understand the ‘art of the possible’ with innovative and disruptive technology solutions
- Drive new business with existing clients by identifying unique opportunities and liaising to appropriate client leads, account managers, or business developers
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Consulting firm/industry experience preferred
- Confidence in recognizing and applying modern software design concepts such as separation of concerns, microservices, service-oriented architecture, test-driven development, model-driven development, etc.
- Awareness of contemporary and legacy software architectural patterns, styles, and respective tradeoffs
- Well-versed in complex business systems integration, migrations, and custom object-oriented design/development
- Familiar with application security, secure coding principles, DevSecOps, and/or secure SDLC
- Demonstrated experience leading technical engagements including proposal development, estimation, and day-to-day project management (time tracking, budgeting, status reporting, etc.)
- Comfortable delivering solutions in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Excellent critical thinking, leadership, communication, and project management skills
- Willingness to travel for out of town client engagements – COVID-19 permitting
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.