ThinkMarkets is a global online brokerage firm, specializing in providing multi-asset trading solutions to thousands of clients around the world. With our flagship ThinkTrader platform, we allow our clients to trade the world 24-hours a day. Our mission is to disrupt the brokerage industry by allowing access to global markets and thousands of products to allow our clients to trade the world in the palm of their hand. We use the latest technologies to give traders seamless access to our proprietary trading platforms. Our Chicago office is in the heart of the financial district in the Loop, and is made up by our Leadership, IT, Analytics, and R&D teams.
We are seeking a Cyber Security Engineer to join our rapidly growing global workforce in Chicago. In this role, you will work closely with the Global Infrastructure and Engineering teams as a Security Subject Matter Expert (SME) to assist with the security design, consultation, and technology implementation for various ThinkMarkets projects and initiatives. You will also be helping to protect from the latest information security threats by assisting with developing, enhancing, and executing documented security procedures and focusing on real-time system security alerts to ensure the optimal operation of each system. A strong candidate for this role should be capable of performing regular pen tests and vulnerability assessments against company resources.
- Engineer, implement, and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks, and confidential company information
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs
- Prepare and document all standard operating procedures and protocols
- Configure and troubleshoot complex security infrastructure devices
- Develop innovative technical solutions and new security tools to mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Ensure infrastructure team members are aware of any and all possible security incidents or potential threats in a timely manner
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes, and propositions for further system security enhancement
- Liaise with third party security consultant groups to execute third party scanning and pen-testing activities as defined by industry regulation
- Bachelor’s of Science in Network Technologies or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience working with developing and maintaining high-security solutions in a professional work environment
- Proven ability to use opensource tools to validate vulnerability scan results (Kali, Metasploit framework, nmap, etc.)
- Ability to script repeatable tasks using scripting languages Python, bash, batch, or automation platforms ansible, salt stack, terraform, etc.
- Experience processing and solutioning the full lifecycle of security tickets from submittal to completion
- Stay abreast of new security threats and prepare systems and team members accordingly to ensure safety
- Passion for collaboration and proven success working in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in the FinTech industry highly preferred