Cybersecurity Champions Program Lead at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL)
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewMotorola Solutions Inc. (MSI) is leading provider of Mission Critical Communications Solutions for Public Safety and Government Users as well as key enabler for Commercial Communication products, making sure our Customers have the information they need at hand in the Moments that Matter.
The Products & Services (P&S) Organization within Motorola Solutions is responsible for development of the company’s mission critical communications and mission critical intelligence portfolio, including command center applications (on-prem, SaaS, hybrid), Land Mobile Radio (LMR) and LTE solutions, as well as managed and support services around the world. The P&S organization also includes the company’s procurement and supply chain operations.
The P&S Cybersecurity Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) Team drives risk-based cybersecurity management across all of P&S products and solutions portfolios. As a GRC Cybersecurity Champion Lead, you will provide end-to-end leadership and guidance for the cybersecurity champion program.
Core responsibilities include, overall leadership of the Cybersecurity Champion Program for P&S Cybersecurity, from development to implementation, the role will involve building, and maintaining a program that supports the further growth of the cybersecurity culture and supports security and privacy by design through industry best practices.
You will be responsible for:
- Develop and deliver a Cyber Champion program within the Products and Services organization.
- Build a culture of security through effective collaboration and communication across multiple product teams
- Build membership and engagement with an interactive program to support SDLC practices
- Define an onboarding program that establishes strong foundational skills
- Lead regular Champion Communications forums to build a community of support
- Engage and organize key stakeholders subject matter experts on key cyber champion program activities
- Prioritize multiple initiates with complex deliverables and competing timeframe
- Define metrics and KPIs to measure delivery of the cybersecurity champion program
- Ability to identify and escalate issues and challenges in a timely manner with senior leadership
- Provide regular reporting on defined KPI’s to senior leadership
- Proactively manage challenges and obstacles with multiple teams providing guidance and solutions
- Participate in activities of the Products & Services GRC team, including governance, compliance, risk management, security policy, best practices, and security awareness
- Support product focused risk management strategies that align with business goals and fully cover confidentiality, integrity and availability
- Assist in identifying security policy & control gaps and recommend remediation solutions
- Collaborate with product development and information security teams to refine security strategies which protect customer facing solutions
- Bring innovation and creativity in applying risk management to a dynamic and cutting edge technology business
- Conduct periodic compliance risk assessments against Motorola Solutions Security Policies and Standards using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Support audits against Motorola Solutions Security Policies and Standards and/or NIST CSF or NIST FedRAMP standards
Propose career path enhancements for the cyber champion community to bolster the program’s popularity
Drive the evolution of cyber champion rewards and recognitions for top performing individuals or teams
Actively promote the value of the cyber champion program to product development and field services managers
Periodically report to senior management on the achievements and challenges regarding the cyber champion program
- Leadership - Drive multiple teams on a single goal
- Collaboration - Excellent team building, ability to bring multiple business units and development/engineering teams together in a common goal.
- Communication - Strong written and verbal skills ability to communicate at all levels within the organization up to senior VP
- Methodical and Organized
- Highest level of integrity in dealing with confidential and sensitive information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exercise exceptional tact and diplomacy when interfacing with other teams and senior management
- Proactive approach and enthusiasm for problem identification and solving
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision and deliver quality results on time
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities
Experience with Risk Management, Vulnerability Management and Security Assurance
Must have experience in Product/Software Development using modern practices, with S-SDLC, agile and DevSecOps preferred.
Helpful to have knowledge of cloud services provided by industry leaders like AWS, Microsoft Azure,
Must have technical knowledge and/or experience in security, networking, systems administration, database administration, architecture and other technical domains.
Knowledge and experience in documentation of security policies, standards, and processes.
Experience with Incident Response and Crisis Management
Experience with Partner and Supplier relationships.
Ability to communicate concepts and terminology in security domains including governance, risk management, architecture, compliance, and operations and be able to express them in a clear and concise manner, including to less technical audiences such as customers
Should be a self-starter who demonstrates complete ownership over assigned objectives and is able to work independently
Highest level of integrity in dealing with confidential and sensitive information
Leadership and passion about continuous improvement.
Proactive approach and enthusiasm for problem identification and solving
Flexible and able to adapt and drive to changing priorities
Experience managing complex programs in a global environment
Ability to make objective decisions in a high pressure cross functional environment
Strong oral and written communications
Excellent interpersonal skills
Domestic and International travel required - total < 25%
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in information security
- One or more of the following certifications: CISSP, CCSP, CISM CISA, or Equivalent industry certifications
Motorola Solutions is a U.S. Federal contractor and must comply with the recent U.S. Government Executive Order requiring that Federal contractors ensure that their U.S. employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 4, 2022. Accordingly, Motorola Solutions requires all US employees, even those working from home, to be fully vaccinated unless entitled to a reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious belief.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a qualified medical condition or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation prior to moving forward with the recruitment process. As a part of this process you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, an offer for employment will not be made.
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.