Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
What You'll Do
- The responsibility of the role is to support the cybersecurity roadmap and contribute to the delivery of secure systems, cyber solutions, cyber applications, technical projects, and regulatory and risk requirements. This includes cybersecurity framework, engineering new technologies, program optimization, vulnerability remediation, metrics reporting, performance analysis, and mitigating operational risk in a high-velocity culture. The role is required to support complex project work efforts, perform advanced analyses, make near real-time decisions, collaborate with BT/Business/Audit teams, issue documentation/reports, investigate cases or design solutions, adhere to architecture guides, engineer solutions to advance the cyber roadmap, remediate risk, offer solutions to BT teams, and coordinate implementing the solutions or apply Standards/Audits requirements to ensure security infrastructure and solutions/technologies implementation comply.
How You'll Do It
- Interprets technology direction and analyzes Cybersecurity systems by applying professional systems knowledge/studies, specialized security training, and advanced analytical techniques. Designs new systems according to architecture guidelines and performs continual integration. Performs research and tests on scanning tools and develops a comparison study using security systems, professional knowledge, and systems analysis techniques. Tests defense technologies prior to deployment to determine if it’s feasible for integration. Engineers Cybersecurity and data analytics solutions, including conducting vendor-technology reviews. Supports current- and future-state architectural models to assess impact across assigned Cybersecurity technology systems.
- Analyzes Cybersecurity technology capabilities and specifications to identify enhancement opportunities by applying professional systems knowledge/studies, specialized security training, and advanced analytical techniques. Performs ongoing assessment of the team and programs activities to identify opportunities for improvement. Ensures compliance with audit, regulatory, and legal requirements. Builds and maintains effective relationships with peers and internal business partners. Point of contact for escalating engineering, security solutions, and/or advanced analytics tools. Must make decisions quickly to avoid an outage, and ensure the system’s high availability.
- Applies the system’s professional knowledge, studies engineering and systems, and specialized security vendor training to assess threats to infrastructure and vulnerabilities of system(s) to develop a security-risk profile. Supports mitigation and countermeasure strategies from collected threat intelligence, using enterprise-wide, complex analytical system.
- Maintains knowledge of security trends, threats, and attack techniques. Applies the system’s professional knowledge, studies engineering and systems, and specialized security vendor training to utilize Cybersecurity solutions, analyzes events to mitigate risk, and achieve remediation.
Qualifications You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Security or Information Technology or Business or Analytics
- Minimum 2 years experience in Information Security, Computer Science, Data Analytics, or related experience, or related certifications
Bonus Points If You Have
- Strong wiliness to learn new technical skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience in supporting major Operating Systems, such as Windows Server and RHEL
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python and Powershell
- Experience supporting and maintaining highly available distributed systems
- Experience working with cloud service providers, such as AWS, GCP, or Azure #LI-BG1 #Remote #BI-Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.