When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!Who we are
At Trunk Club, we're building the future of retail, enabled through technology. On the Data Services team, we believe data has the power to drive the business forward, and we push every day to enable data-driven decisions across all aspects of the organization. We have hundreds of data sources, a robust enterprise data warehouse and use Tableau for visual analytics. Some of the tools and platforms we work with are Python, SQL, AWS, Spark, R and many other open-source technologies.Responsibilities
- Building end-to-end data integration and data warehousing solutions for analytics teams.
- Designing and creating services and system architecture.
- Building and maintaining enterprise data platforms.
- Working daily with SQL and Python and using Spark for big data processing.
- Using analytical and problem-solving skills to take complex business requests and transform them into clean, simple data solutions.
- Brainstorming and contributing ideas to our technology, algorithms, and products.
- Working with an agile mindset to deliver small projects quickly in order to provide value and gain feedback in a production environment.
- Creating amazing user experiences for both internal and external customers.
- An analyst. You are able to take complex requests and transform them into clean, simple data solutions.
- A learner. You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and greater understanding.
- A pragmatist. Your goal is to create useful products, not build technology for technology’s sake.
- A closer. You are someone who loves to get stuff done, and done well.
- With collaboration. We frequently pair program. We work at pairing stations - two keyboards, two minds, one outcome.
- With transparency. We work in an open team room; no cubicles or private offices. Communication is key to our process, and we don't want to hinder it with walls.
- With agility. We don’t believe in following a process for process’s sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
- Lunch and learns
- Annual stipend for continuous education
- Tech all-hands lunches every other Friday
- Hack days
- Team outings
- Nordstrom discount
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars