Strong Analytics is seeking a data engineer to collaborate with our team building and managing ETL pipelines, embedding statistical algorithms in robust applications, and deploying machine learning applications to the cloud.
This role requires high-level Python programming, high-level SQL, experience deploying applications to AWS, and experience in distributed data processing (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Hive).
Candidates will be evaluated based on their skills with the following technologies/workflows:
- Relational Databases (e.g., Postgres, MySQL)
- Distributed Computation (e.g., Spark, Hive, Hadoop)
- Deploying and Managing Cloud Services (We use AWS)
- Interacting with and building RESTful APIs
All applicants will be considered based on their experience and demonstrated skill/aptitude, not formal education.
Applicants should have the ability to travel infrequently (<5% of your time) for team meetings, conferences, and occasional client site visits.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Profit sharing or equity, based on experience
- Health insurance
- Generous vacation policy
- Flexible work-from-home policy