We connect customers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 140+ of the best online stores. Our members save time and money with benefits including free 2-day shipping, easy 2-click checkout, and free returns all while we help them stay up on the latest trends that appeal.
For merchants, we’re driving eCommerce business, producing insights with a growing data analytics practice to boot. With a powerful two-sided network and a robust data platform, we’re creating an eCommerce win-win, helping retailers compete. The landscape of retail is changing and we’re here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), New York, San Mateo and Krakow, Poland. We hustle to get things done, creating wins for customers, merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Data Engineer at Shoprunner, you’ll help power many of our data-backed solutions and manage the large scale data we ingest from our merchant partners. Data Engineering will work in collaboration with our Enterprise, Consumer, and Data Science teams to bring data models to production, power solutions for our merchant partners, and create more personalized experiences for our customers in our never-ending quest to help our shoppers and retailers connect in new ways and new applications..
ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Own the key data pipelines which enable real-time event handling, smarter personalization, and more nimble applications.
- Develop frameworks to productize our machine-learning models that give our members more product choices.
- Help us define and manage our big data infrastructure including Kinesis/Kafka streams, Apache Spark and Snowflake data warehouse.
- Help us evolve our service architecture, embracing architecture approaches such as 12 factor, microservices, and well-formed APIs to allow our architecture to scale both internally and externally.
ABOUT WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience writing production code for Python or JVM-based systems, but you know a few other languages and like the right tool for the job.
- Experience with a variety of data stores and technologies such as SOLR, Dynamo, Spark, MySQL and MPP data warehouses. Knowledge of SQL is a must!
- Knowledge of machine-learning tools and techniques.
- Plenty of experience using data in support of larger efforts, from reusing other services and APIs, to writing jobs in map-reduce or Spark, to leveraging streaming data for smarter online systems.
- Experience with data transformation tools and techniques and workflow management
- Experience optimizing larger applications to increase speed, scalability, and extensibility.
- Proven self-starter who can move projects forward by filling in the gaps on Agile teams, from leading a design session to doing some test automation, to mentoring a teammate struggling with a new technology.