PEAK6 was brought to life by the idea that the development of integrative technology can improve how business is done. The passion for that idea powers our firm still. As a Data Scientist at PEAK6, you are free to explore unique solutions and try fresh ideas that may benefit our financial services and trading businesses, and our investment companies. You’ll collaborate with some of tech’s and analytics’ sharpest minds to solve for the firm’s ever-changing but exciting challenges. Working in tech at PEAK6 means that you’ll always be presented with a variety of new possibilities as you continue to enhance your skills.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Finding innovative ways to solve problems and are driven to investigate new/impactful questions that will help support and expand our core business and equity options trading.
- Driving the business forward with your ideas and contributing to new strategies that will impact the way the firm leverages market data.
- Finding creative ways to solve problems and generate insights.
- Helping to define best practices within our analytics team regarding protyping and scaling solutions.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- Have a demonstrated track record of applying ML techniques to solve specific problems.
- Deep knowledge of some types of modeling.
- Ability to define the problem, engineer the features, design appropriate metrics and iterate to determine the best model, etc.
- Broad knowledge of many available prediction methods.
- Interest and ability in collaborating with other team members and playing a key role as thought leader for the firm to drive new ideas and initiatives, while helping to mentor other analytics team members.
- Advanced knowledge of the tools of the trade (relational databases, python/r, etc.)
- Extensive experience collaborating with business and subject matter experts to define appropriate features and metrics
All of our Analytics team members have these traits. You should, too.
Motivation Collaboration Curiosity
Integrity Adaptability Ingenuity
Life at PEAK6
We want you to like coming to work so we work really hard to make your job fun and different from any other.
As a PEAK6 Data Scientist you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Speakers Series
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Cornhole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program
Learn more about our culture on our website at peak6.com/culture.