Uptake is a Chicago-based predictive analytics SaaS platform provider that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
- Collaborate with a team to analyze problems
- Write functions/scripts to build database
- Model building and testing
- Writing informal reports for internal use
- Working with developers and implementation engineers to spec out database models and determine implementation of algorithms
- Advanced knowledge of R, Matlab, or Python
- Knowledge of building time series, spatial, or financial forecasting models for prediction
- Familiarity with any or all of the following:
- Dirichlet Latent Process
- Lasso,SpAM/Ridge regularization
- Ensemble methods
- Time series analysis (GARCH, auto-regressive or moving average, etc.)
- Bayesian inference
- Random forest and decision tree models
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics, or related field
- Must also have authority to work permanently in the U.S.
- Applicants who are interested in this position may also apply online at jobpostingtoday.com, Reference: 35475
- Knowledge of one or more of C++, C, Java, Scala
- Previous published academic research in artificial intelligence, machine learning, or operations research
- Open source contributions in areas such as machine learning, distributed systems, and databases
- Top 5% finishes in Kaggle competitions
Why Work Here
We build and deliver, then explore to build more. Curiosity and flexibility enable everything we do, and we get stronger as we make each new industry smarter. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences to solve problems no one has yet to solve, at a speed no one has yet to experience. We support and challenge one another to bring out a new best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way.