Debian Systems Engineer
The Systems team builds and maintains the computers, networks, data storage, operating systems, and software that allow our trading strategies and research environment to run worldwide 24/7. We are looking for all-star systems engineers who like being challenged, hate to climb corporate ladders, and love working in fast-paced environments. Responsibilities are broad and include operating system deployment and configuration automation, performance tuning, tool development, testing new hardware and software, and much more. We are jacks-of-all-trades who can effectively multitask yet retain a high attention to detail that keeps our systems running as efficiently as possible.
- Debian packaging, deployment automation, configuration management
- Linux performance analysis and tuning
- Troubleshoot complex OS and networking issues
- Build tools to improve our research, trading, automation, and monitoring
- Contribute to the ongoing maintenance and improvement of large scale Linux installations
- Extensive knowledge of Linux, especially Debian
- Python and shell scripting experience required
- Familiarity with systems configuration management, monitoring, and metrics
- Understanding of network protocols and file systems
- Strong communication skills
- BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field
- Ability to analyze and fix problems quickly
- Ability to manage time efficiently, working independently and on a team
- Eager to learn and apply new skills quickly
- Automation geek: you don't like to do the same task twice manually
- You enjoy tinkering with technology in your spare time
Hudson River Trading brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we are mathematicians, computer scientists, statisticians, physicists and engineers. We research and develop automated trading algorithms using advanced mathematical techniques. We have a fun and casual office atmosphere, but everyone works diligently to get the job done. We boast a flat management structure as all our people are motivated by the excitement of being at the forefront of the automated trading world. No politics or red tape impede the generation or implementation of ideas.