ActiveCampaign is the marketing automation leader for small and mid sized businesses (SMB's) around the globe. Through a sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform and tools, we allow our customers to make meaningful connections to their customers. Often, we are the center of our customer's marketing strategies and critical to their success and future.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 70,000 today to millions.
We are looking to add an experienced Deliverability Engineer to our growing team.
- Establish and set up new mail servers using AWS, Chef, Terraform and other modern provisioning/devops technologies
- Work to improve timely email delivery and processing for all outgoing and incoming email streams
- Monitor outgoing queues to address bottlenecks and blocks as they occur
- Troubleshoot and resolve bugs and issues, including delayed delivery
- Work to automate all aspects of sending and deliverability analytics infrastructure to ensure optimal resiliency, scalability and performance
- Build upon ActiveCampaign’s goal of creating the best customer experience in the industry as we look for our own platform to improve the customer experience of over one million growing businesses
- Assist with customer resolutions, as needed, including effective and timely direct communication with customers
What is needed:
- Thorough knowledge of the email stack, especially PowerMTA and Postfix
- Experience in fast paced, agile Devops/SRE environment working with a cloud provider such as AWS
- Solid technical foundation of DNS, SPF, DKIM, and DMARC
- Proficiency with PHP, Python, Bash and basic Linux system administration
- Deep understanding of basic deliverability concepts like IP warming, spam traps, feedback loops, blacklists, IP reputation, bounce processing, etc
- Understanding of the trade-offs of employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism
- Ideally, understanding of and passion for small- and mid-sized businesses
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with customers
- Willingness to jump into the approval queue as needed
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and welfare benefits including no premiums for employees, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description