Deployment Engineering Tech Lead
What you’ll be doing:
As a Deployment Engineering Tech Lead, you will drive the adoption of DevOps practices across our broader technology organization, both from an infrastructure and cultural standpoint. The end goal is to enable, promote, and eventually ensure ubiquitous fast, consistent, and reliable deployments performed independently by software developers and other service owners.
Your core priorities will be to:
- Help set the architectural direction and partner with our technology leadership to drive forward new initiatives and organizational evolution
- Develop an understanding of processes, infrastructure and systems as they operate today
- Collaborate with stakeholders and peers to develop a vision, and execute the shift to a true DevOps culture over the next 12 months
What you should have:
- Experience influencing and implementing best practices across tech departments
- Ability to establish strong personal connections, foster relationships, and inspire the organization, as well as involvement with the broader DevOps community
- Strong technical understanding of Amazon Web Services in terms of apis, security, and provisioning
- Expertise with (AWS) Amazon Web Services (such as ASG, ELB, EC2, RDS, IAM, ElastiCache, and VPC), as well as serverless and container-based technology
- Technical knowledge of CI systems (such as Travis CI, Jenkins, and Spinnaker)
- Proficient in the basic administration of Linux systems
- Extensive experience running services in cloud-hosted environments, and understanding of key components and philosophies required for teams to self-provision and self-manage
- Experience working in production environments, which are subject to controls such as PCI and SOX
- Can deploy and run applications in a multi-region fashion
- Experience managing services in a reliable, redundant, and scalable fashion
About our team:
The Deployment Engineering team is responsible for building out the tools and processes to support Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD). Our aim is to provide a self-service delivery platform that will scale to support Enova's growing cloud based microservices architecture. We work closely with our Software Engineering, IT, and Technical Operations teams to iterate quickly on ideas and ensure that software deployments are fast and secure.
Our environments are hosted in AWS, and our current toolset includes Github, Jenkins, Travis CI, Terraform, Spinnaker, and Docker, but we are passionate about learning and leveraging the right technology to empower others.
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work some place awesome."
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. But to sweeten the deal, we also have a pretty awesome list of conventional (and less conventional) perks and benefits including competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, a revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!) summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. And of course we also have the things you’d expect at a leading tech company in Chicago, such as the snacks, game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, monthly social events, and sporting sponsorships.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.