Design and Development Engineer at Fast Radius
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:34 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, March 9, 2021
We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes, but for what it makes possible for the world. Manufacturers have an important job to do, and it’s our job to provide them with the technology and expertise they need through the entire production process, from discovery and design to manufacturing and fulfillment.
We're looking for an experienced engineer to work on various new product design and development engineering programs, ensuring projects are completed on-time and in an efficient manner. These projects typically involve product design, mechanical design, and manufacturing engineering. The design and development engineer would be helping the client take physical products from varying initiation design maturities, potentially starting at concept all the way through production release. Additionally, this role works closely with our other technical teams to build new digital design, analysis and manufacturing capabilities to help grow our business.
We are unable to sponsor or transfer visas to Fast Radius at this time.
About the Job:
- Lead engineering work in new product design and development in partnership with strategic customers
- Work with digital tools (CAD, FEA, CFD, etc) to develop, mature and analyze designs Provide design engineering support and project management structure to customer projects
- Follow a design and development process from concept through production validation for both additive (DLS, MJF, FDM, SLA) and traditional manufacturing (IM, CNC, sheet metal) processes
- Collaborate with application engineering, program management, and customer success to ensure customers are provided with best in class support
- Communicate effectively with functional leaders in manufacturing, program management, and sales
- Come up with creative and outside the box solutions to complex problems
- Strong familiarity and proficiency with CAD modeling software including surface modeling for components and assembly design. (Solidworks is a plus but not required)Experience in creating and releasing 3D parts and engineering drawings. Experience with PPAP is a plus
- Experience working in a structured engineering development process with customers (stage-gate process)Experience engineering parts across a multitude of manufacturing processes and materials
- Experience analyzing dimensional data and providing insights into design and/or process optimization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Prior 3D printing or manufacturing experience/knowledge.
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis for structural or heat transfer applications.
- Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate in mechanical engineering, civil engineering, materials science and engineering, or related field (Masters or Doctorate are a plus)
- Experience writing automation scripts or workflows in Python, C++, Matlab or similar (a plus but not required)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented and interested in learning more about new engineering tools and manufacturing technologies
- Thrives in a fast pace and dynamic environment
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Read Full Job Description