Design and Development Engineer at Fast Radius
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:43 a.m. (CST) on Monday, March 7, 2022
We're looking for an experienced engineer to work on various new product design and development engineering programs, ensuring projects are completed on time and meet our customers expectations. These projects involve product design, mechanical design, and manufacturing engineering skill sets. The design and development engineer leads the customer through the new product development (NPD) phase gate process ensuring the product meets all requirements, and a successful production launch.
Additionally, this role works closely with our other technical teams to build new digital design, analysis, and manufacturing capabilities to help grow our business.
About the Role:
- Lead engineering work on new product design and development projects through the NPD process in partnership with strategic customers
- Work with digital tools (CAD, FEA, CFD, etc) to develop, mature, and analyze designs to ensure all product requirements are met
- Provide design engineering support and project management structure to customer projects
- Collaborate with application engineering, program management, and customer success teams to ensure customers are provided with best-in-class support
- Communicate effectively with functional leaders in manufacturing, program management, and sales
- Work collaboratively to come up with creative and outside-the-box solutions to complex problems facing the team and organization
- Enjoys working with customers to help them design and manufacture new products into the marketplace while meeting product requirements
- Experience working in a structured engineering development process with customers (stage-gate process)
- Experience designing and developing components and assemblies from concept to production in the consumer goods or automotive industries
- Strong familiarity and proficiency with CAD modeling software including surface modeling for components and assembly design (Solidworks is a plus but not required)
- Experience in creating and releasing 3D parts and engineering drawings (Experience with automotive PPAP process is a plus)
- Experience developing components using both additive (DLS, MJF, FDM, SLA) and traditional manufacturing (IM, CNC, sheet metal) processes
- Experience analyzing dimensional data and providing insights into design and/or process optimization
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis for structural or heat transfer applications.
- Experience writing automation scripts or workflows in Python, C++, Matlab, or similar (A plus but not required)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and interested in learning more about new engineering tools and manufacturing technologies
- Thrives in a fast pace and dynamic environment
- Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate in mechanical engineering, civil engineering, materials science and engineering, or related field (Masters or Doctorate are a plus)
Who we are: We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes but for what it makes possible for the world. Our first-of-its-kind Cloud Manufacturing Platform™ represents a new, more sustainable infrastructure to design, make, and move physical goods in the digital age. Working with companies across a variety of industries – from growing startups to Fortune 500 companies – Fast Radius helps customers with all stages of the manufacturing process from new product development to ongoing part production. We have recently announced our intent to become a publicly listed company as the next step in scaling our vision for the future of design, manufacturing, and logistics. Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
What we offer: We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Fast Radius currently is unable to sponsor or transfer visas.
We are currently able to hire residents in the following states: AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OR, TN, TX, WA, WV, WI
Read Full Job Description