DEVELOPER - ENTERPRISE MOBILITY at Ulta Beauty
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
The Developer is responsible for supporting, planning and coordinating functional and technical activities related to Ulta’s Enterprise Mobility applications in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment. They work alongside talented Technical Leads, Architects, Software Engineers, and Quality Engineers in our highly collaborative environment to deliver high quality solutions on time and on budget. This position plays a key role in establishing, executing and supporting business critical applications such as the Mobile Inventory Application (MIA), Price Checker, Mobile Point of Sale, and Store 2 Door (S2D). In addition, this role will play a critical role in defining the next generation mobile hardware strategy for Ulta Beauty’s Store Systems.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development Testing - Performs the execution of given test scripts under supervision. Records results and reports issues. Develops an understanding of the role of testing within system development, as a tool for design improvement as well as a validation process.
- Problem Management - Leads in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to responsible applications. Develops solutions related to the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Programming/Software Development – Key contributor to the designs, development, testing, and documentation of complex programs from agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools. Assesses own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work. Mentors less experienced colleagues as required.
- Release Deployment - Uses the tools and techniques for specific areas of release and deployment activities. Administers the recording of activities, logging of results and documents technical activity undertaken.
- Requirements Definition & Management - Uses established techniques as directed to identify current problems and elicit, specify and document business functional, data and non-functional requirements.
- Systems Integration – Implements and adheres to best practice guidelines in the software builds from software source code. Performs tests as defined in an integration test specification, records the details of any failures, and carries out fault diagnosis relating to simple failures, reporting the results of the diagnosis in a clear and concise manner.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- 4+ years iOS application development experience
- Experience with iOS tool ecosystem (e.g. Xcode) for development, testing, debugging, and performance benchmarking
- Experience working with Verifone payment devices (plus)
- Experience working with mobile devices peripherals for retail: laser and optimal scanners, and mobile printers (plus)
- Experience with Android tool ecosystem and Android Apps related technologies (plus)
- Experience creating and publishing apps of large scale
- Experience developing and deploying associate and guest facing retail applications
- Experience in Core Data, Foundation Framework, Memory Management, and detailed knowledge of iOS API capabilities.
- Experience reviewing and implementing third party APIs and SDKs
- Experience working XML/JSON and familiarity with REST/SOAP methodologies
- Passion for learning new technologies and eagerness to collaborate with other creative minds
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Fast-paced, dynamic environment with new tasks changing daily/weekly
- Support off-hours production issues and code deployments as needed
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences)